monte sound clips

monte70car

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally,

The glasspaks are gone & the new mufflers are on....here are links to both....

glass paks (1st time I drove it) July 2007

http://www.dropshots.com/Caps#date/2007-07-10/13:12:00

**VIDEO GONE** frown

Flowmaster Delta 70 - 3 Chamber Muffler eekcrazy

April 2008

Greg did not know what Flowmasters he had bought until later when he called Flowmaster & gave them the number. At that point, he was just putting them on & being done with it! :lol:

April 27, 2009...Queenie undergoes another vocal change.....

To hear her latest sound - see video clip under the date January 30, 2009 (gotta fix my camera date! OOPS!)

click here

BTW, not that you can see it real well, but that is my ORIGINAL gas tank & it has never been painted! I also have my original header pipes but he did buy new pipes for the back section that go off the new mufflers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Droopy

heres mine. its a small block with long tube headers, 3" collector. the first clip is open, the second is with 2.5" flowtech terminators dumped before the axle. sorry about the quality. and yes, the reverse light switch is fixed now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I posted one of these some time ago but with open headers. I switched fuel pumps today and had my wife take a little video of the car running through the mufflers.

th_052309_runningwithmufflers.jpg

• 4 months later...

Here's a working link to my exhaust as the old link is no longer functioning and I can not edit my post.

3 1/2" full exhaust, no cross-over pipe, 2-Chamber Race Delta Flow mufflers/Flowmasters with electric cut-outs.

• 4 months later...

I like it too. cool It reminds me of how my 64 Chevy Pick Up sounded back when I was in highschool. Mine were right off the headers and exited under the cab. No pipe out the back just header then Cherry Bomb. My neighbors hated me. grin Im assuming that todays Cherry Bombs are better than the 70's version that I had. Those sound real nice. cool

Chris

Now that is what my truck sounded like. grin I never got pulled over for it but I got alot of long stares from the local police. whistle It was also in the late 70's and things were a little more overlooked back then. As I said in my prior post. My neighbors hated me. grincool

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to view it but only after logging into facebook.

Nice car, kinda like being there viewing it while walking around it.

Did you ever say if you ran it at the track, I forget?

Got rid of the ole glasspacks for 3" exhaust with Pypes X-Change crossover with QTP electric cut-outs and Flowmaster 50 series big block mufflers. Remember my Monte has about 9.2:1 compression ratio. Mellow enough to not drive me insane when going on a 3 hour ride, but I can always open the cut-outs however much I want to really make some noise at traffic lights!

The only downside is that I want to lower my Monte pretty bad but the X-pipe and cut-outs hang pretty low. Let me know what ya think

Sounds pretty good.

Just curious, but why are your cut-out tips pointing toward the center of the car and not out?

Well they're pointing straight back. They're not collared like typical collectors so they're fixed and they only go three ways. This was the only way that worked without facing up toward the floor or forward for the ram-air effect. lol

• 1 month later...