Parts Cleaning

gronlit

I'm in process of restoring my 70 and considering getting a sand blaster or soda blaster to help. I still need to rebuild the engine and would like to clean up the block/heads ect, and will need something to strip and clean off the body. I rented an industrial sand blaster when i cleaned off the frame and suspension components and it worked really well.

From what I've been reading sand blasting can damage if done improperly, especially on body panels. I've been looking at Soda blasters on Eastwood and they claim not to damage or warp the metal. Even say you can leave trim and glass exposed while blasting. Does anyone have experience with soda blasting? does it work well for paint removal? Rust removal? Any special considerations for soda blasting?

Soda blasting works AWESOME for paint and body filler removal

i'm not sure what it does for rust. Leo could answer better then I can.

The soda blasting does a great job and doesn't warp or erode the panals.After useing a soda blaster you will need to clean the part with a vinegar/water mixture before paint. the soda leaves a residue that will keep the primer/paint from sticking.

The soda blasting does a great job and doesn't warp or erode the panels.After useing a soda blaster you will need to clean the part with a vinegar/water mixture before paint. the soda leaves a residue that will keep the primer/paint from sticking.