143 replies to this topic

#141 snomobeelr

snomobeelr

Bronze Member

• Members

• 588 posts
  • LocationMount Prospect,Il

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:11 AM

The current tire  I have is a 245/60-15 that is 10 inches wide I have 4 inch backspace on that. The rear tire I am looking to get is 11.5 inches wide, a Cooper  295-50-15 Do you guys know if would 4.5 inches of backspace be enough or would I need 5 ? Thank you 

#142 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• Members

• 18 posts
  • LocationBig Lake, MN
  • Legal Name:Cody M

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

The current tire  I have is a 245/60-15 that is 10 inches wide I have 4 inch backspace on that. The rear tire I am looking to get is 11.5 inches wide, a Cooper  295-50-15 Do you guys know if would 4.5 inches of backspace be enough or would I need 5 ? Thank you 

This is on 15x8 ralleys or a different wheel?  Stock springs, lowered, jacked up?  A high backspaced 15 inch wheel may have clearance issues with suspension components.

#143 snomobeelr

snomobeelr

Bronze Member

• Members

• 588 posts
  • LocationMount Prospect,Il

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

This would be on  15 x 8 Rally's.  I have Viking shocks all around, I have car above stock height. The rear lower Viking shock mount is pushed away from the wheel about two inches from the stock position. See picture attached. The top mount is basically in stock position. 

Attached Files

#144 amsterdam84

amsterdam84

Eastern Meet Canadian Stalker

• Members

• 1,204 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada
  • Legal Name:Mike

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

This would be on 15 x 8 Rally's. I have Viking shocks all around, I have car above stock height. The rear lower Viking shock mount is pushed away from the wheel about two inches from the stock position. See picture attached. The top mount is basically in stock position.

When you say the lower mounting location is pushed 2 inches away from the wheel, does the bracket to mount it do that or did you modify it?
Mike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Home Page
Mission|Benefits|Join|Renew|Merchandise
Message Forum
Members' Montes|Meet Photos
Tech Info|Museum|Parts|Registry|Links|Contact Us