The Dalles, Oregon

August 13-15, 2010

http://www.midcolumbiacarclub.org/cruise-the-gorge

Schedule

Friday Evening - Neon cruise through downtown The Dalles

Saturday - Show in the shade in Sorosis Park

Saturday Evening - Concert in Riverfront Park

Sunday - Drag racing at Dallesport

The event has some fun things to do throughout the weekend and the drive through the Columbia River Gorge area is supposed to be very nice. The show on Saturday has 42 awards categories for trophies and prizes. We have never done drag racing at a Western Meet in the past so we thought it would be fun to do so. You can either participate in the drags or simply be a spectator. I for one am interested in seeing some of our Montes speed down the 1/8 mile strip.

Details regarding the event and accommodations are posted on the Western Meet page - Click Here.

CTG%20Event%20Logo.jpg

fgmcc

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron;

U da MAN!!! Just checked and it's 171 miles from Walla Walla. This is super. I can crawl to that one. Start making plans now. That should be a lot of fun in The Dalles, OR.

Outstanding Arron!!!! I'm ready to go now....maybe we could set up a special bracket with the track and have a little Monte mini meet....Royce???? BTW do I get credit for the name??? gringringrin

I better start saving gas money. party

Yes you better. grin It's been a few years since weve seen you last. It would be great to see you and Janet again.

Originally Posted By: Mo's70MCs

Yes you better. grin It's been a few years since weve seen you last. It would be great to see you and Janet again.

I might have to take the lowrod then..it gets better gas mileage. Time sure flies it seems like yesterday. I'm already counting the days. lol Well wishes to you, Kathie and the kids.

Originally Posted By: Vaughn
Originally Posted By: Mo's70MCs

I might have to take the lowrod then..it gets better gas mileage. Time sure flies it seems like yesterday. I'm already counting the days. lol Well wishes to you, Kathie and the kids.

we'll have to hook up Rod... grin

I know Rod. I've started counting and think that we will run down to do a recon of The Dalles. It's so close to Walla Walla. I've been there a couple of times and it's really a nice town. Maybe if I start planning a year out I can make it next year.

Guest MONTE831

well im glad we got a spot now! im so excited its gonna be my first meet with the club so cant wait to see my fellow FGMCC members....and imma have to start saving gas money too lol cant wait!

Thus far, I have received a lot of interest for this meet both on and off the message board. Must be the drag racing... smile

I will post some info regarding the hotel in October. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting other members again next year.

Some of us in the NW might also get together for a mini-meet in Ferndale again in July. We had a lot of fun this year at that event and discussed doing it again in 2010.

Some of us in the NW might also get together for a mini-meet in Ferndale again in July. We had a lot of fun this year at that event and discussed doing it again in 2010.

I'm there barring unforeseen obstacles. A well organized and ran

meet IMO. The free camping right where the show is is pretty cool

too.

Aaron;

I do believe that 2010 will be the best meet ever for the west side of the US. It's centeral for a lot of states and the only ones who have to travel a long way would be CA. The excite has started for me because it's so close to us. After seeing the pictures of the meet in Polson and listening to all the members talk, I can't miss the one next year.

Thanks Aaron for all the work you do on this.

• 1 month later...

OH NO, this can't be happening... not again.

A friend of mine is getting married August 14th. I've known for a couple weeks now but I just put 2 and 2 together this morning. First, I was excited about the Montana meet but something came up (2nd child) and now this. Maybe I can convince the to get married in The Dalles, LOL.

It's not 100% yet that I'm going to the wedding (depends on if it is in Jamaica or Vancouver) so there is still a small possibility that I can get to the meet. I'll keep you posted.

The thought of missing another meet just ruined my day. frown

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Aaron for the hotel info. I would like to camp, but mother is more into the hotel camping. Counting the days. It's going to be fun. Like Jake said, barring any complications, we will be there.

I did get a comment from one person stating that it would be nice to get a hotel that has a pool (the one I posted does not have one). I also think that would be a good plan since some might be bringing their kids and it is a good way to keep them occupied. Thoughts?

The Dalles Inn looks pretty good. We may be able to get a lower rate if we get enough people. I'll have to call and get some info on that.

http://www.thedallesinn.com/

Aaron, the first one states they have a pool and hot tub....

You are correct, sir. I guess I should just read it myself instead of taking someone elses word on it, LOL. In that case, I still like the Country Inn. If I don't hear any objections over the next couple weeks, I'd say the Country Inn is the way to go for the meet. I'll keep you posted.

really makes no difference to me Aaron (although the second one looks like it might be higher)...probably should check with both to see who might be the most willing to support any special needs for parking the cars, trailers, security etc....

really makes no difference to me Aaron (although the second one looks like it might be higher)...probably should check with both to see who might be the most willing to support any special needs for parking the cars, trailers, security etc....

your going to the WM??? Ah I think I gotta to that wedding with Aaron LOL. Man if you go I better step my game up cuz its gonna be a clown fest

This sounds like a meet I can sink my teeth into.

I don't mind a drive from Sacramento to....

I see other members coming from CA, maybe we could fly in formation? I know it's a long haul and Rod has to stop to use the restroom, but does anyone care?

I'll be fighting Rod for the restrooms....I'm a little bit farther south than he is. We used to live in Elk Grove Mark and Red's from Lodi. It would be nice if we could hook up, good support system in case anyone (like me) needs a hand....Dave