2010 Western Meet Announcement

Canuck

I received an email from the event staff yesterday regarding the registration form. They are working on the final details of the registration form and will be sending it to me soon. I will post it as soon as it is available.

Regarding the accomodations, I just put together a list of people planning on attending to get an idea of the number of rooms needed. I should have the hotel details worked out tomorrow. I have 18 members thus far so I will be holding a block of 20 rooms. I will get that straightened out by tomorrow. smile

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hotel will be The Dalles Inn. Some of the details are already worked out but I still need to "hold" the block of rooms at the group rate which I will do on friday when the Manager is in next. I'll post once done.

In addition to the DJ in the parking lot for the cruise (possibly live band this year I'm told), the hotel also sets up a car wash bay in the parking lot for their guests during that weekend. They must like us car people. cool

Gwen and I are going. Im sure it will be a great meet. Cant decide if im going take on the track. Im not ready to have that much fun-------------TIM

I now have 20 club members on my list as scheduled to attend. When I organized the innaugural WM in 2004, I dreamed of hitting the 20 mark. Looks like we may just get there this year!

Oddly enough, I still don't have any Oregon members on my list. You Oregon members out there going to join in the fun?!

fgmcc

I now have 20 club members on my list as scheduled to attend. When I organized the innaugural WM in 2004, I dreamed of hitting the 20 mark. Looks like we may just get there this year!

Oddly enough, I still don't have any Oregon members on my list. You Oregon members out there going to join in the fun?!

fgmcc

Where you at Jack?? there

Chris

Originally Posted By: Canuck

fgmcc

Where you at Jack?? there

Chris

... and Doug there

OK, here is the member breakdown I have so far:

7 Washington

6 California

5 Alberta

1 Montana

1 New Mexico

Hopefully 1 also coming from British Columbia if I can get out of going to a wedding that weekend. smile

Still more responses coming in. We now have 23 on the list.

8 Washington

6 California

5 Alberta

1 Montana

1 New Mexico

1 Oregon

1 British Columbia (I'm fairly certain I'm going now)

This is FANTASTIC!

Due to the large group which may be approaching 50 people, I will likely need to make some reservations for the group at a Restaurant for dinner and awards on Saturday night. I will look at what the Dalles Inn has to offer. Any other suggestions for a restaurant?

Thanks! smile

50? I'm trying to think of a place with a table that big...

Sounds like it might be picnic time at KFC!

Since I live in Oregon this is probably my best chance to make it to a meet, but at this time I can not make a commitment. My job situation is uncertain and I don't know if it will be any better in August. Please don't think a lack of response is due to a lack of interest. I have to make certain my priorities are in order before I commit.

OK, with the amount of people attending this meet, we now have no excuse for not getting a web cam working, LOL.

PS, my list is up to 24 members now. smile

Awesome news!! Sounds like the 2010 FGMCC Western Meet is going to be bigger & badder than ever!! What a great time you will all have. Cannot wait to see all the photos! ENJOY!!!!!!!