70, 71 & 72 'Tooned Illustration Prints For Sale

I have all six in my possession that I ordered from Dave at the Western meet. You have to see these to really appreciate them. From the First Generation on the front tires to the Monte Carlo on the rear tires, no detail has been missed. I highly recommend these to everyone. They just blew me away from the first time I saw them.

Great job Dave!!

I love them! Could one (1971) be drawn W/O the blower and rally wheels for us original types? Black is good.

Bruce

I love them! Could one (1971) be drawn W/O the blower and rally wheels for us original types? Black is good.

Thanks for the nice compliments, everyone!

VAUGHN - Thanks for your personal testimony regarding these, and again for ordering all six versions that are currently available. Keith beat you, so you're my #2 customer!

BRUCE - Being as how the club logo was designed with the car looking "original", my goal for these illustrations was to make the car wild! I decided to do them in black because no matter what color anyone's car actually is, I think that we all appreciate a sharp & sinister black Monte - and the print versions are easier to keep clean! I do like your suggestion, though, and am strongly considering making versions available without the blower and with the rally wheels.

SCOTT - Yes, there are similarities between these and the 'tooned style I used for the "MONTES ROCK!" t-shirts. Like the club logo, though, the "MONTES ROCK!" illustrations have rally wheels instead of 5-spoke mags. Either way, they're how I feel a 'tooned Monte should look!

TONY & TONY - I am considering making other colors available as well, but it will take some time. Because of the high level of detail I wanted these to have, there ended up being close to 1,100 individually-drawn and color-filled components that make up each illustration (it even says something on the detailed brake caliper and the rotor is drilled). There are a lot of objects that make up just the body color in order to get all the subtle color gradations, reflections, highlights and shadows for a realistic appearance - and then that color is reflected in a lot of little detailed areas of the blower and the bumper as well. So at least for the time being, I only have them available in black.

Color suggestions (or any other suggestions for that matter) are certainly welcome, and they will be considered. Thanks!

smile

Dave

Just keep us posted Dave. I'm interested in one when you get it all perfected. Give us an idea in cost. I'm sure there are many here who would order a print. I have a Monte wall in my home and it would look great up there with all the rest. Thanks Dave

Just keep us posted Dave. I'm interested in one when you get it all perfected. Give us an idea in cost. I'm sure there are many here who would order a print. I have a Monte wall in my home and it would look great up there with all the rest. Thanks Dave

No need to wait for perfection!! They have it. I love the fact that every time I look at them I see something new. I've noticed that you can see the reflection of the windshield and chrome reflecting off the blower. COOL.

Here is a 70 sports coupe that I have framed as a gift for my son.

img3304pq.jpg

Thanks, Vaughn. My goal was to make these the best 'tooned Monte Carlo illustrations ever, and to include every detail I could. I'm glad that you're seeing something new every time you look at them!

smile

Dave

• 1 month later...

Thank you, 427! They are currently only available in shiny black. I've got bright red versions in progress, but they're currently on hold due to other projects that I'm working on at this time that need to be finished.

There has also been interest in versions without the blower and with rally wheels. Like the red ones, those are in progress too, but are currently on hold as well. When I have those ready, I will most likely offer a vinyl top option for all of them. That will be a relatively easy addition.

These were very time-consuming illustrations to do and I have countless hours into them. Even the white letters on the tires have correct drop-shadows to make them appear raised from the tire sidewall. Both the line drawings and the color-filled areas and "paint" that comprise each of them are very detailed. It's what was necessary in order to achieve all of the correct tone variations and realistic-looking reflections.

Thank you for your interest!

smile

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Royce,

I've got a non-blower, rally wheel version in progress - as well as a bright red version. I haven't had time to work on them lately, though, so they're not finished yet.

I will make some sort of a post when I have other variants available. For now, though, they're all black & blown!

Thanks again for your interest.

smile

Dave