Billet Grille for FGMC coming!

Andreas

they have been available for almost 2 months. has ANYONE recieved theirs yet??????????

I sent a $ order for the grille and a check for the shipping about a month ago. check hasn't been cashed yet, but no way to know about the money order. i emailed the person a couple of days ago, haven't heard back yet.

i'm screwed if the money order disappears. mad

They told me per e-mail that they will get the first batch of grilles ready this week... Let's see...

Starting to sound a bit wishy washy, I hope this pans out. Was really planning on ordering one.

Here is what they e-mailed me:

Quote:
it is on the way to us, the ETA: May 5.

we had some modification on this grille since we received some suggestions from our buyers, that's why it takes extra long time

sorry for any inconvenient

These guys sell A LOT of billet grilles on ebay. I would think they are a reputable company, but we will find out...grin

I hope they work out too. I have not heard back from them recently, so I hope they were just sick of emails about the grills.

I hope somebody gets one soon!

When I check them out on ebay it says that there are 0 items for sale, I do not think that is a good sign.......

Maybe they have 0 for sale b/c they're trying to catch up on the backlog? I hope so, anyway. I imagine it's maybe 3 or 4 guys/girls max making these things by hand. That's why I gave it a long time before sending an email.

I haven't received an email reply yet, but maybe that's b/c they have 1000 asking the same thing and figure when the grille arrives the questions will be answered smile

I'll let y'all know as soon as I get mine.

UPDATE ---- UPDATE ---- UPDATE

Here is what I got today:

Quote:
...the shipment is in Long Beach Port waiting for the Customs Clearance, then release, then trucking to our warehouse, then ship to your guys....

Dude, that signature pic is INTENSE! lol
Yeah, sorry to hijack the thread, but that isn't you dancing is it Burton?... I hope not.

Originally Posted By: jpnewlin
Alot of great things come from China..

Yes, unemployment for Americans, child labor, poor quality, forced labor............

Sorry, the only thing I like from China are its people. Some of the nicest people in the world considering how oppressive their government is. Perhaps this might be something we see in the future within our own borders, who knows. All I do know is that there is NOTHING that can be made better in China that can be made here. Even American Chinese food is better. laugh

Tainted dog food, lead laced toys for kids, really ...what's not to like ? rofl

HAHA no joke about the chinese food being made better in America. I love Japanese food, but came here to Japan and it's ok, but I'd rather have my American Japanese food, oh and Korean BBQ is better here in Japan than it is in Korea. LOL funny how that works.

That's a shame they're coming from overseas though. Not that I wont order one now, but it definitely puts a damper on it. Not like anyone stateside is making a billet grille though.

most if not ALL , reproduction parts are made in Tiawan , and most sold and engineered in the USA , Tiawan is not China , they are a true example of a free democracy , is that not what many of our brave soldiers died for to spread democracy and freedom around the world , I HAVE NEVER SEEN 1 REPRODUCTION PART come from japan there may be some from japan and or china , but most come from a free country with hard working people , TRY TO FIND AN AMERICAN TO STAND BEHIND A PRESS 12 HOURS A DAY good luck with that

Leo

Good point. Wages are one issue and labor is another.

Anyone that has owned or managed a business can testify that just finding people that are simply willing to put in a good days work is the biggest obstacle to overcome. The economy is decreasing that issue some, but it is still a big problem.