Billet Grille for FGMC coming!

Andreas

Mine was delivered yesterday. I ordered the stock chrome style. It looks fantastic, craftsmanship seems top-notch to me. I haven't taken it out of the bubble wrap and styro padding yet - as you can tell I'm a long way from installing it. But the fins are all evenly and consistently spaced. The black and chrome are sticking to their respective border edges - no squiggly lines where they should be straight. At first glance the mounting points look right, but I haven't compared them to my original yet. In the picture posted here, the vertical supports appear chrome, but on mine they are black. The only chrome pieces are the horizontal bars and wider top bar. I would post a pic, but really, it's pointless. It looks exactly like the chrome one that's already posted (except for the vertical parts I talked about).

I've been wanting a flatbar front grille for about 10 years now at least, and I figured I was going to end up having to pay somebody to make a one-off for me. There *aren't* any others out there that I can find. And for $300 with shipping to my door, you can't beat it, in my opinion.

I was nervous b/c it took so long - two months in my case - but the wait was well worth it. Couldn't be happier with the product (unless it doesn't fit! lol )

Looks like it might be a nice alternitive to those who need a grill. Mine is in very nice shape, but could use some detail work. I would consider getting one though, it looks real nice!

• 2 years later...

I have contacted Charlie about a group buy. He said they have the 70-71 grilles available now but are trying to get the 72 grilles perfected. So I'm taking that as the parking lights will still be in the grille and no modifications will be needed. He will get back with me when they are putting those into production. We'll work out a group buy at that time.

Stay tuned!

I have contacted Charlie about a group buy. He said they have the 70-71 grilles available now but are trying to get the 72 grilles perfected. So I'm taking that as the parking lights will still be in the grille and no modifications will be needed. He will get back with me when they are putting those into production. We'll work out a group buy at that time.

Stay tuned!

I've been wanting one for several years, and since I read this, I'll wait. What I want to see is CHROME ONE INSTALLED in a Monte, The one is Andreas' car looks good but I have yet to see one installed that is still chrome.

Is there a website that offers these for sale?

Hey MCBeast, you posted in 2010 that you've received your grill. Do you have any pictures of it installed and/or side by side with an original one?

No website... The seller is on ebay, just under billet_art...

Hey MCBeast, you posted in 2010 that you've received your grill. Do you have any pictures of it installed and/or side by side with an original one?

Nah, sorry. Sold my original grill. Forgot about getting any pictures of it side-by-side.

Got my car back from paint & body back in July; re-assembly's been on pace with money - slow smile . If things go the way I'm hoping they will, in the next couple months I should have my radiator core support blasted and powder coated, plus fenders and hood hung. Once that happens I'll throw on the grill to show what it looks like installed.

• 1 month later...

Very Nice!

Economical or not, here is the Monte Carlo Prototype:

PA110002.JPG

I think it looks S W E E T.....

The 71 Chevelle grille sells for $199 & shipping. I am talking to the company about a group purchase for us....

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi guys kind of new to the site but I have wanted one of these grilles for me 1970 monte carlo since the day I bought it and I was really hoping you could point me in the right direction to find one because I can not.

If you read the whole thread here, you will find:

Quote:
Base price is $287... (incl shipping in the 48 States)

Contact billetart@yahoo.com for details, tell them Andreas sent you...

Disclaimer: I do not know the quality of this product, so buy on your own risk!

You can check their work on ebaymotors - User ID billet_art

I touched base with them again on a group buy. They are trying to find a 72 Monte to do some test fitting with. When I find out where they are located maybe one of our members can volunteer their car. Wait and see what they say.

I sent hem an email the other day and he told me he had one that was selling for $280 but I could buy for $250 as it is in testing phase with free shipping. He will take it back for any reason. So I should be receiving it in a week or so. Also will have to come up with some kind of custom turn signals for the front end with this grill. Will post haw fitment is and if there were any problems with it.