50 person motor coach total cost $ 498.22 round trip

50 people = $9.96 per person total

30 person coach $383.25 round trip

30 people = $ 12.77 per person total

PLUS YOUR FERRY COST OF....

Ferry Transportation to Put-in-Bay:

Miller Ferry $11 RT/adult

PLUS YOUR COST OF....

Whatever you choose to do while on the island. Perhaps you will check out wineraries, or a cave tour or just bar hop & consume beverages. Keep in mind the additional costs on top of getting to/from the island.

There are many things to do there.

You may want to check out their website PUT-IN-BAY WEBSITE .

I am also looking into GO-KART RACING but they are closed for the season so I will not have an answer for a couple months on if we can take over a track just for our group.

Rick Eckenfels is looking for a cruise in to possibly go to on Thurs or Friday Evening also.

There are also volleyball courts at Kalahari.

I have also looked into drive-in theaters but the 2 I found had disconnected numbers so it does not look like that will be an option.

Once more please post your vote on if you would want to do any of these activities. Again, these activities would be either Thursday or Friday during the day.

ok... after reading thru several underlined passages.. I finally spot that little "here" amongst all the other underlined text.. my mistake.

Tim - I had to re-read it 3x looking for my link and I knew it was there! I just made it a bold "here" so it may be easier to see. Sorry about that!

I really wish they would build a track here on L.I. which would attract bigger shows, which, in turn would eventually land the Eastern Meet here, which means I could attend and race at the same time and.........put Capri in charge of the leg work lol.

Doing a great job Cap...your work does not go un-noticed...and I'll ship the pizza lol

Jim

Mike Konik and I were talking earlier today.. and we had an interesting thought.. what if the FGMCC were to hold a 'central' meet.. in say.. kansas.. or somehwere.. but plan it for maybe 2 years from now to give people ample time to prep.. then we could maybe get the Western Meet guys and the Eastern Meet guys together and have one heckuva party :>

Andreas has told many that if they want to take on planning a Central Meet they have his support. You need to find an event that we can piggy-back as well as activities to do during the event time period. Hope to see it happen someday. Further discussion should be in a separate thread smile . Thanks.

Capri, I think Tim is talking about one central meet for both Eastern and Western members.

We bounced this idea around a few times. We are a bit afraid that attendance could be low due to 10+ hours driving times, even if you plan such an event 2 years in advance...

Our goal with selecting a meet location is to give a large number of members the chance to attend within an 8 hour drive radius. We select Northern and Southern locations to give people from these areas chances to attend.

We were in Branson, MO in 2003, which you could qualify as a 'central' meet. We had members from Arizona drive there to attend.

It is definitely on the 'to-discuss' agenda... As Capri said, let's start a separate topic...