Bob and Deanna's 71 Restoration

black07ss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

It has been a long road. As the saying goes when you have the time you don't have the money and when you have the money you don't have the time. Many things in life have happened in life during the restoration, some good and some bad. The good news is I sure hope to have it on the road by the time the salt has been washed away and I am able to put some miles on it and have the confidence to drive it to the 2024 Eastern meet.

• Like 7

I know you have been trying to get it to a meet for a good while.  Glad you are trying to get it there this year.  It is going to be huge this year.

rob

• Like 3

They look good. But I have to ask, just out of curiosity, why are you posting this in the archive section and on a nine year old post. Wouldn’t you be best suited to put this in the current restoration section?  Like I said just curious. 

17 minutes ago, Dtret said:

They look good. But I have to ask, just out of curiosity, why are you posting this in the archive section and on a nine year old post. Wouldn’t you be best suited to put this in the current restoration section?  Like I said just curious. 

I suspect Bob is doing that so from start to current his restoration is pretty much all in one long post over the years.  From knowing Bob all these years getting this done has been a challenge but I am glad to see there is a light at the end of the tunnel for him.

Having followed Bob's restoration over all of these years, if I am not mistaken I think Bob has done almost all of the work himself.  When I was young, single and living at home I did the restoration on my Model A.... back then I didn't have any home, family or any other responsibilities, I know I would not have been able to do what Bob or many others here have done in the restoration of their cars.  I have seen way too many people take on a project like this and give up on it, I know I could not have accomplished what Bob has done on this car.

rob

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I get why he did it. I tend to do that with my original build thread in the New Member section. Keeps everything in one place.

Couple other forums I belong to, they'd complain about resurrecting an old thread. Not here, it's all good.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I suspect Bob is doing that so from start to current his restoration is pretty much all in one long post over the years.  From knowing Bob all these years getting this done has been a challenge but I am glad to see there is a light at the end of the tunnel for him.

Having followed Bob's restoration over all of these years, if I am not mistaken I think Bob has done almost all of the work himself.  When I was young, single and living at home I did the restoration on my Model A.... back then I didn't have any home, family or any other responsibilities, I know I would not have been able to do what Bob or many others here have done in the restoration of their cars.  I have seen way too many people take on a project like this and give up on it, I know I could not have accomplished what Bob has done on this car.

rob

Yes Rob. I did all of the work besides rebuild the transmission and add the 3:55 posi. I did the sheet metal repair and paint prep. I had a friend help spray the base and clear. 

• Like 7