71 NOS tail light bezel

black07ss

they were red red red all of them , we have tons of originals with the red still present and some faded , and Rob NO there were no 4 speed ss cars NO factory convertables and NO ls6 production line installed 454 engines they are elusive because they dont exist ;),most likely the ribs were added for strength and then painted red to hide them from view

Leo

Rob NO there were no 4 speed ss cars NO factory convertables and NO ls6 production line installed 454 engines they are elusive because they dont exist Leo

Leo, Leo, Leo..... there you go bursting our dreams. Come on, admit it, wouldn't you love to come across one of these, if nothing else to try to debunk the owners claim. I think it would be fun to at least look over the owners documentation.

rob

i was always hopeing they would have made the 4 door monte , there were actually prototypes built , gotta wonder if i am serious

Leo

i was always hopeing they would have made the 4 door monte , there were actually prototypes built , gotta wonder if i am serious

Leo

Concept_Monte4.jpg

Originally Posted By: KLASSIK1

Leo

Concept_Monte4.jpg

I liked that concept car better when they called it a Chrysler Imperial.

Andy

• Like 1

Originally Posted By: Andreas
Originally Posted By: KLASSIK1

Leo

Concept_Monte4.jpg

I liked that concept car better when they called it a Chrysler Imperial.

Andy

looks like it's bent..... eekcrazy

It looks as if they added 6-8" to the trunk length, too. Look at the lower trim behind the rear wheel opening...and a different rear window...It's just gross. LOL

It looks to me like a Buick electra with Monte fenders.

On the left; a pic of the Buick. Familiar roof?

21709277_2.jpgConcept_Monte4.jpg

can't be any worse than the 1961 Chrysler Turboflite..with the "self" front wheel disc brake cooling system. Now that's ugly! sick

1961%20Chrysler%20Turboflite-bw-fVl=mx=.

Guest RaleighSS

Going back to the original discussion ... The cross pieces would

also make the flow of molten material to the thin vertical section much easier when die cast; and would also help retain the straightness of the vertical section when cooling.

The thin portions of the cast part cool much quicker than the heavier surounding mass and the thiner sections need all the support they can get ..... Just my 2 cents.

• 3 years later...

One of the first things I looked at when I saw Vaughn's completely original 72 with very low miles was the taillights. There was still most of the red left but it was somewhat worn off.

I also check out Montes at the meets and sometimes see a tiny bit of red left.

Here's the original one off of my 72. I purchased the car with 58,000 miles. You can see some of the original red left on it. There was only a little bit of red left on the lower edge of the horizontal bars. I would not have seen this without taking the trim off the car.

0027.JPG

So, I decided to repaint them that way.

0086.JPG

Here they are on my 71. Click on this photo to enlarge it.

0234.JPG

I picked up a NOS tail light bezel today. Dose any one know if the cross pieces were red from the factory??

DSC01302-1.jpg

To confirm red highlighted cross bars, I have a NOS piece for 71/72 that I got with original packaging sometime ago.

I think this is pretty compelling evidence that yes, the cross bars were painted red from the factory.

The red paint appears translucent. Almost looks anodized but obviously not and color applied on both bars except on the back. Guess they figured out of sight, out of mind.

TAILLIGHTLENSTRIM.jpg

Wouldn't mind having a NOS match piece if anyone has a odd one they would be willing to part with!

Doug