A Knight has fallen! Robyn Lance

Sam (Bones)

I have known Robyn through this site (many PM's) and also talking on the phone to him over the 5 years I have been here...I am so saddened to hear that he didn't make it.

Robyn, I and others, you know who you are I don't have to mention your names wink really stirred this site a few years back in a fun way...yes we all pushed it over the top but I think we really brought some life to the site and helped it evolve...Rest in Peace Robyn you will truly be missed... frown

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D@mn... I don't even really know what to say. I had the pleasure of talking with Robyn on a few occasions and I gotta say he was just as funny on the phone as he was online. He was very proud of Ole Yeller. He would tell me about the races he won, and the Wallys' he brought home with her. I joked and told him that he was "My new Hero" because he raced a yellow '72 Monte like mine. He is definitely going to be missed around here.

My condolences to Mitzi and the whole Lance family.

fgmcc

Marcello

I am very sorry to hear this and Robyn and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. His comments were always interesting and entertaining and will truly be missed. We are bonded by Monte Carlos, but the people behind them are so much more important. RIP

JimB104.jpg

Same here.

Sunday, when I get the exhaust put back together there will be

one big smoky burnout for you Bird. RIP friend.

Mitzi, please know we are here for you.

Stunned and Speechless. I kept anticipating seeing his return to the boards, always thinking that he would recover soon. My condolences go out to the family. I pray that the Lord will comfort the family in this most difficutlt time of loss. - Dave

To the entire Lance family, you are all in my prayers. Like many others I never met Robyn in person but chatted online and through numerous pm's. His humor and knowledge he provide to me and many other members will be greatly missed.

Remember that the separation from your loved one is only temporary and one day you will be reunited with Robyn and what a glorious day that will be! May God provide comfort to the Lance family through this difficult time in your lives.

David

Guest knightfan2691

Aye.

The death of a friend prompted my road trips to meet people all over the country ... and I still miss people, including Robyn. When I was in KS, our schedules didn't seem to match up ... sure wish they had...damnit.

I saw the news last night on Facebook ... and still can't believe it. RIP, Robyn ... thoughts/prayers to Mitzi and Robyn's family and friends.....

frown

I just hope Robyn knew how we all felt about him. It's always sad to me that we don't always tell each other things while we have the chance....

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"My time here is over" ... Patty Loveless ... 'How Can I Help You Say Goodbye?'

I kept anticipating seeing his return to the boards, always thinking that he would recover soon.

Like Dave, I too anticipated seeing Robyn's return to the boards in the near future. A little while ago when I signed on and read this post titled "A Knight has fallen!", I figured what it was about and uttered a quiet, "noooo...". Seeing Robyn's picture and reading through all the replies sure can get to a guy. cry2

Robyn will be sorely missed, and I will keep his family in my prayers during this difficult time of loss.

Godspeed, Bird. It's been a pleasure.

Dave

So sad to hear this. Robyn was always keeping everyones spirits up when they were down. His family is in our prayers. I hope he finds another "Old Yellar" in heaven frown

So sorry to hear this news. When I heard of the complications I was praying they would be resolved so the doctors could move forward.

Though I never met or spoke to him, I feel as if I did, do to his participation on the boards and the help he provided Al M in his 1/4 mile mission.

Condolences from my family to yours during this difficult time.

Dan

I have gotten to know Bird (as I called him) very well, I was always a pleasure chatting with him, we've spent hours and hours on the phone together. Listening to him tell you about is best friend in the world (yes, you Mitzi) or him talking about his daughters and just beaming with pride, and chatting about racing, it seemed we could never say good-bye, I will miss these chats. I was honored with the chance of meeting Robyn and Mitzi and even got to spend a day at the track with them, memories I will always hold close to my heart.

Many of you heard the world "Musketeers" thrown out there here and there, years ago when Mikstudie and I were getting to know each other fairly well by throwing insults back and forth at each other, Bird decided to join in. I believe it was Bird who started the 3 Musketeer's. We would insult, razz, pick-on and whatever else we could get away with around here with each other. We soon pulled Tony, Bill, Phil and others into the fun. we learned how to "steal" smileys from other sites and post them here, I was reading a post from Bird getting upset because I wouldn't show him how to do it and remember him saying....i want to play too!!!! rofl I couldn't stop laughing, and of course I showed him how too, and the rest is referred to by the dancing banana's yay which we sorta got out of hand and landed some of us in trouble lol

for those of you who got to know Bird, you know he would not want us to be sad, but crack a joke, laugh and smile, and above all,

smile"be happy"

I will miss you my friend, and I promise when I think of you, I will be smiling fart

Funny you mentioned the "I wanna play too" quote Sam. I was thinking the same thing. The ??? posts that Robyn started way back when were some funny stuff. Just complete nonsense that we all joined in on, all in good fun.

Lots of good memories for sure.

Reading through this post has been heart wrenching.