Many thanks to Rick Eckenfels!!

1972mc

My hard luck story at the EM paled in comparison to Eli's cry

-but I was the #1 contender for a while. whistle

Anyway, my power steering pulley started to wobble, making it and the pump non-servicable. Luckily this occurred at the end of the 470 mile trip to the EM. Ordered a pump at Advance Auto but the pulleys are not usually bad and it was not available.

Rick had just changed to March pulleys and living about 5 minutes from The Kalahari Hotel, he went home, found his old pulley degreased it, painted it black and brought it back on Friday morning in time for me, Mike, Mike and Dave to get it back on in time to go racing Friday nite.

Thanks a million Rick for going the extra mile to help out a fellow member. smile

Carl

Here is where they performed some of the surgery, across the street from the Kalahari parking lot...which made for great trailer parking.

easternmeet011.jpg

Here's Carl trying to free his old pulley.

easternmeet006.jpg

RICK ROCKS!

cool

Dave

Dave, if it is Monte's Rock shouldn't it be Rick's Rock?... Now we are going to have to have a T-Shirt made up that says Rick Rocks to go with our Monte's Rock.

rob

lol Rob.

Yeah, the confusion of the English language! To answer your question; "Rick" is singular, so he 'rocks', but for "Montes Rock!" (correct without an apostrophe), can mean that any Monte (singular) or any number of them (plural) does 'rock'. Adding an apostrophe in the word "Montes" between the "e" and "s" changes the statement to mean a rock that belongs to a Monte (posessive), or shortens it from what would otherwise be "Monte is rock!" (where the apostrophe replaces the "i" in the word "is"). To say "Rick's Rock" (with an apostrophe between the "k" and "s" in "Rick's") refers to a rock that is owned by Rick.

Regarding a "Rick Rocks!" t-shirt; how would Rick look as a charicature ('tooned)? grin

Dave

lol

Thanks, guys. Nope - not a grammar teacher. My dad probably could've been one, though, and I recall "acing" my 7th grade grammar class.

smile

Dave