FGMCC Members Almost Sweep Carlisle Awards

Rob Peters

Congrats to the following FGMCC Members who won awards at Carlisle:

First Off, Congrats to Jim for having his car selected to be placed in the Show Barn for Featured Cars. I had the pleasure of being his chauffer this weekend because Jim DROVE his car from Ct and was without wheels all weekend.

Class: 1970-1972 Monte CArlo

First Place: Capri Blasco

Second Place: Gerald Munday

Third Place Tie: David Schenk and James Stead.

All Years Monte Carlo Modified:

Frist Place: Not one of our members, sorry I didn't get the name

Second Place: Dave Reem

Thrid Place: Steve Levanti

I picked up Capri's award and presented it to her before they hit the road. I also picked up Dave Reem's award and will mail it to him sometime next year after I have proudly displayed it on my front seat for this year's cruise season..... Just kidding, it will go out this week.

Steve Levanti picked up his as did Gerald Munday. If David Schenk and James Stead are not able to pick theirs up and had not arranged to have them sent to them Jim will try to pick theirs up before he leaves and mail them out too.

Thanks to everyone who made the trip and made this mini-meet a huge success. I think the final total of cars who made it to the show field in the 3 days, including Jim's in the show building was 20 or 21, what a great turnout considering at least 5 or 6 of us attened the Eastern meet just two weeks ago, What a GREAT FAMILY.

Rob

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob, I really appreciate you picking it up and mailing it to me. Let me know what I owe you for postage and I will be more than happy to reimburse you and then some. Thank you. It was quite a surprise to win something and was very happy to hear about it this morning. I had a great time as usual with our club members and am glad I decided to go late friday night. - Dave

Congrats to all! FGMCC is definitely on a roll. Thanks for the post too Rob!

ditto Wish we could have been there, it was a week too early. I will be driving by Carlise next weekend on my way to upstate NY smile

Congrats to all. Was nice to see some of you again and it was nice to meet some new members this weekend.

PS Thanks to all for your tickets. We did not win the Monte. frown

Maybe Rob can chime in here as he received one on friday. I received an award from the New York Monte Carlo Club on saturday and it kind a threw me. It was really cool that a different club would seek out cars that they liked and recognise them. I actually started to feel alittle embarrassed. Capri has pics. Well I have been on their site and they do seem pretty cool.

Rob, they are definitely doing Carlisle next year as a club. Maybe we can get enough members again and hook up with them. They were going to do NMCOA but have changed their minds. They seem to have liked Carlisle enough to do it again next year.

Rob, Crusher from NYMCC won modified with a 502 supercharged 4th gen Monte. Just fyi.

Congrats to all. Was nice to see some of you again and it was nice to meet some new members this weekend.

PS Thanks to all for your tickets. We did not win the Monte. frown

Man Mike that sucks, I thought the tickets i gave you were definitely the winners. Sorry :-)

Sounds like the meet was a lot of fun. Now maybe our first gen will start to get noticed more. Congrats to all those winners and to those who could make the meet. Waiting to see pictures.

Dave,

Please email me your home address so I can get it into the mail. email me at rpeters6@its.jnj.com

Rob

YOU Mean, I WON!!, WHOO HOO!! I WON!! I didn't even think I'd place with the amount of quality cars that were there.OH,MAN I WON!! This is just too GREAT!! A 3rd place, BUT I WON!! It was a great show and I want to thank all the FGMCC members I met for the very first time.My car wasn't ready for the Ohio meet, (on stands in the garage Transmission out of it)and last minute items to fix along with it.I brought a toolbox just in case something went wrong.It was the longest ride in it yet.No problems there or on the way back,so it was a very good outing with it and I WON!! 3rd Place!Even though it was a tie I still feel GREAT about it!! Dave Schenk,How's it feel to win at Carlisle? This was the first big meet I'd ever been in with mine.ALL the Monte's were "top notch" in my book.Can you see me,jumping up, off the ground, fist in the air, and going, WHOO HOO!! YEAH!! Thanks Again, to all members, non-members, and everyone else I met at the GM Nationals!!

YOU Mean, I WON!!, WHOO HOO!! I WON!! I didn't even think I'd place with the amount of quality cars that were there.OH,MAN I WON!! This is just too GREAT!! A 3rd place, BUT I WON!! It was a great show and I want to thank all the FGMCC members I met for the very first time.My car wasn't ready for the Ohio meet, (on stands in the garage Transmission out of it)and last minute items to fix along with it.I brought a toolbox just in case something went wrong.It was the longest ride in it yet.No problems there or on the way back,so it was a very good outing with it and I WON!! 3rd Place!Even though it was a tie I still feel GREAT about it!! Dave Schenk,How's it feel to win at Carlisle? This was the first big meet I'd ever been in with mine.ALL the Monte's were "top notch" in my book.Can you see me,jumping up, off the ground, fist in the air, and going, WHOO HOO!! YEAH!! Thanks Again, to all members, non-members, and everyone else I met at the GM Nationals!!

I've never seen anyone hide their excitement as well as you did in your post. If it were me I would have let people be aware how excited I was. Congrats. Our members really did us proud at this meet, espically in the bench racing department. We were the last to give up the ghost on Saturday night...actually it was close to 1:00 Sunday morning when we called it a day, I guess we just didn't want it to end.

Most important was it seems everyone made it home safely and Greg and Capri got some sleep Saturday night.

Rob

Rob

I know exactly how you feel. While trying to decide whether to go or not friday night, my wife helped me out with the following; She asked me why I was going. Was it to win something? I responded, no, I don't think I have a chance of winning anything at such a big show. I am going because a good number of our group is going to be there and I wanted to see what Carlisle was doing for the 40th anniv of the Monte. I just went because we have a great group of people to hang with.

When Sunday morning arrived and Rob called me about my second place win, I was shocked. After I got off the phone, I was running around the house like a little kid. Congrats James and to all the winners. - Dave

James - I hear ya! It is pretty crazy to win isn't it???

Congratulations to you!! It is amazing to win when you are surrounded by so many outstanding montes. I've been walking on air since Norwalk & am stunned all over again.

Applauds to Dave & Steve - that was some seriously huge compettition in All Years Monte Carlo's Modified - WAY TO GO!! yay

Oh & to Mike G & RVP - looking at pics, I see I was not crazy...Jerry (Jay) Munday's car did not have black stripes or any black anywhere smile