To all FGMCC Members

Capri's 71 SS

Today I received this email from a Monte Owner who was at Carlisle this past weekend. He gave me the OK to share his email with the FGMCC Membership.

Thanks to all who made him feel "welcome" smile

The FGMCC is one amazing family - we will never be a typical "car club".

Quote:
Was recently at the GM Carlisle with my 1970 Monte Carlo...They were spotlighting the Monte Carlo and the Corvair aniversary. I was grouped in with a few or more of your club members. I am please to say your members are some of the most hospitible and social people I have had the pleasure of being near in many car shows I have attended. I felt that everybody was happy to meet and great new people. My car is far from perfect however not one person from your group or anyone else seem to look down or pick at my ride. I restored the car from a wreck and it took a long time to repair. I am very proud of the vehicle because from the wheel to the roof, I performed the repairs. Every thing on the vehicle was repaired or replaced by my hands. So many people have the work done by some one else. I am very protective as you can imagine. Your group however made me feel at home all week end long. I had a great weekend at the GM Carlisle show and you should know it was because of your group and their hospitality...I am sure you will see me as a new member very soon...

Thanks again,

Tom Carter

Great to hear, looks like we will have a new member signing up soon. grin

That really means a lot that he would say that about us though, really shows the kind of people we have here.

I agree with him, great group here... cool

I've said it before and I'll say it again, never would I have imagined joining a car club...I started out just joining the club on line then meeting up with Capri at a local cruise...then next thing I know I'm going to the Meets, Mini Meets...and I even became a moderator on this site... cool

That is a great e-mail. I agree with everything he stated. This is a great solid community we have.

Maybe someday I will have the 70 with me instead of the 87 at one of our meet ups. LOL At least I bring a Monte!

Anyone know what car he was in by any chance? I talked to quite a few people,and handed out a couple of cards as well. I think thats what makes this club different,as Im not a "Car Club" type of guy like Bill stated, but it really isnt a club, its a family!

Proud to be a member!!

Alli was extremely happy with the entire group of members also.

Anyone know what car he was in by any chance? I talked to quite a few people,and handed out a couple of cards as well. I think thats what makes this club different,as Im not a "Car Club" type of guy like Bill stated, but it really isnt a club, its a family!

Proud to be a member!!

Alli was extremely happy with the entire group of members also.

fgmccthis is one huge family.and im proud to be a member of. fgmcc

Awesome remarks about our club. I, like many of you, have known for a long time that our club is very special when it comes to our hospitality. I have checked out other car clubs for my El Camino and such and none compare to this club. Don't ever change FGMCC. At least not for worse. - Dave

P.S. I did check out the NYMCC group since I won their Redline Award. They seem to be another nice club as well. Noticed we have some FGMCC members over there as well.

Its great to have people in our club always willing to lend a hand. There was a family next to me. I dont remember his name

but it was a dark blue '70. He was with his wife, and his mom and dad came up alittle later. All nice people.from upstate NY.

He had a pic book in the front of the car with him and his dad in the pics doing the work. Car was in good shape i thought, just had to be tweeked alittle.

P.S. I did check out the NYMCC group since I won their Redline Award. They seem to be another nice club as well. Noticed we have some FGMCC members over there as well.

Dave,

I noticed the same thing about the NY Monte's Group and even the Impala group that were staying at our hotel. They all bench raced in the parking lot in the evening and were both great groups of people. But the FGMCC were the last ones in the parking lot on Saturday night/Sunday Morning before going to bed so "WE WON" the bench racing.

rob

It is very special for a NATIONAL club to give the members that 'family' feeling. Our on-line forum certainly helps.

Local clubs, like the NYMCC, can gather their members very easily and therefore they might have a tighter 'bond'...

Nice e-mail...

But the FGMCC were the last ones in the parking lot on Saturday night/Sunday Morning before going to bed so "WE WON" the bench racing.

Usually in racing, the last ones out on the course aren't considered the winners..

That was nice for Tom to send such a nice e-mail. He is right on all that he said. This is such an amazing club. I've joined many organizations of the years and no club treats it's members the way FGMCC does. I'm a member on anothe car site and the members there just don't seem to care.