Glass hood weight savings ?

speedfreak71

If you go with a pin on, it should be more than that considering the weight of the hinges, and the latch assembly that bolts in the radiator support.

Just the hood weights 80 lbs.

GlassTek said the Monte pin on weights 14 lbs, I think they're pretty close... smile But I've never weighed my fiberglass hood.

I think I remember weighting a 71 Monte steel hood, 200lbs, in 1995. Key word in last sentence is think. Ed

As far as weight savings it depends on the hood style...pin on type, street duty, how big of a scoop if any at all, etc...

Mine with a 4" cowl and finished underside has to wegh 45-50 lbs. I can't believe I did not weigh it before I put it on... crazy

I think I remember weighting a 71 Monte steel hood, 200lbs, in 1995. Key word in last sentence is think. Ed

You got the "think" part right... lol It weighs 80lbs. like Jared said... wink

Funny to read how other people put their "steel" hood on by "themselves"...I also did it and don't think I'll try it ever again. I put a bunch of cloth towels on the windshield in case the hood slid into it and the whole time thinking I should stop and abort this mission before I cause some damage...I gotta admit though taking it off by yourself is not as bad.