what's everyone doing to get ready????

CrazyDavey

I'm planning to install a new HEI module in the retrofitted distributor tonight. I was hoping to spend all of last Saturday driving the ol' girl in my local car club's "Mystery Cruise", but she only got me as far as our meeting place on Saturday morning. When it was time for all of us to head out, she wouldn't fire! I ended up riding along in a '39 Ford Business Coupe - which was fun, nevertheless. Testing of the Monte later that evening showed no spark, so hopefully the new module will remedy the problem. I don't want to have to drive my pickup truck to the meet!

I'm also going to get some more of my "Heavy Metal Knight" 'tooned Monte Carlo illustrations printed to take along with me - in case anyone is interested in purchasing them at the special meet price.

smile

Dave

I had nothing to do but wash my car before leaving, and I noticed my wheels were of different colors....nothing I had noticed before? Anyway, I spent 2 days color sanding them smooth so I could repaint them, and put on the silver and a clear coat. I wasn't real happy with the way the clear was being atomized (it was coming out in large droplets), so I decided to do the last coat from a different can. I shot all 4 wheels and stood back...and watched the top coat begin to react with everything under it. It lifted most of the paint like you'd expect from paint remover.

I had to take all the tires down to be dismounted, have the rims sandblasted, and decided to get them powdercoated.

The car is stranded in the driveway on jackstands, and the wheels will probably be done on Tuesday! Hey; no stress. LOL

Next time when I have nothing to do, I think I'll try NOT to think of something.

Talk about stress, lol. My engine is going to be dropped into the Monte tomorrow, and hopefully fired this weekend. But I most likely have forgotten to order some parts for her so it probably wont be fired until Monday, leaving the tuning to be done Tuesday and break in on the way down eekeekeek

edit: all pending I get my license on the 12th!!!

Garrett.

Man thats allot of stress for all involved. I hope everyone gets the last minute things done. smile Darren was out today and I, we (he) put in a new heater core. I was going to do a few more things but after hearing what's happening to everyone.....thats it I'm not doing anything more(I hope). As it has been years since I drove the Monte I'm going to head out to a local show tomorrow to get a few miles on her. Thats it nothing more...really...nothing

I just did a road trip in my 70 in July and it ran pretty well but I decided to change filters and check settings. Put in a new fuel filer, new air filter, new breather filter, adjusted dwell and adjusted timing. I checked everything over relly well too and it appears to be good to go.

It's not as clean as it used to be and could use some touch ups here and there but I don't have the time I used to devote to the car. Just going to enjoy the drive and the meet. smile

I thought I was the only one under stress. Getting the car touched up, spraying the trunk, the leaking trans brake solenoid needs to be replaced and the car needs to be detailed. I've got to get the trailer ready, washed and loaded with all the necessary stuff for a trip. My mother-in-law isn't doing well so that's causing some stress. The doctor said after that last trip to the hospitol to not get stressed anymore. I have a list of stuff to get yet and another list of stuff to load. Hope I get it all done before the 12th. Good luck all. May you all have a safe trip. OH and I've got to get a sack of Walla Walla Sweet Onions for the owner of the Toyota Dealership (the one with the parking lot)

Spent last week replacing dash circuit board and a new quartz clock. Then last week end cleaning cleaning cleaning! My Dad drove her over to the garage where stored for me and noticed the brake pedal seemed soft at prolonged stops. Sure enuff, driving to the garage he held light pressure on the brake pedal and by the time he got to the garage the pedal was to the floor.

Needless to say, this week end I will be replacing the master cylinder. Hopefully, nothing else turns up and can finalize a couple other things I would like to do before she goes back to storage until Thursday.

Hope everyone is successful in getting ready and uneventful getting to and from the Meet.

Hope to see you all there!!

Doug

Im trying purchase a trailer so I can drag race on sunday. I used to drive to the track but after some EXPENSIVE tow bills from the S.I.R. to Oak Harbor, Less stress with a trailer.

Im trying purchase a trailer so I can drag race on sunday. I used to drive to the track but after some EXPENSIVE tow bills from the S.I.R. to Oak Harbor, Less stress with a trailer.

be sure to put a winch in it Tim, mine has paid for itself several time over.... grin a 571!!! that must be one fast Monte...can't wait to see it..Dave

My wheels are done, and the tires are mounted & balanced. All I have to do now is bolt them on and I can get back to cleaning the car. I'm glad I can stop worrying abaout that fiasco.

It should be smooth sailing from here...!

Im finding very little time lately do get the car cleaned and ready. eek I still havent gotten the fuel pump that was shipped last Tuesday but when I do it will probably be the only thing I get done before I leave. You guys gotta remember my car is NOT a show car by any means and will be there as is. If I can get there on Thursday as I hope to, my cleaning will have to happen then. If I dont get the pump in time, Im not sure what I'll do. I hope not to be in the Durango but I will if I have to. One way or another I'll see you all in The Dalles. cool

Chris,

Don't worry about the shape of your car. I think that I can speak for most of us in that its all about getting together enjoying some company and looking at all the Montes no matter what shape they are in.

Monte or Durango, I look forward to meeting you.

Vaughn

Thanks Vaughn, Im looking forward to meeting you as well. I've heard nothing but good things about you from Jake and other members. In fact Im looking forward to meeting everyone attending. This is going to be great. I cant wait. cool

Fresh oil and filter today and am hoping to secure next Friday off. Will find out Monday. If that works, I'm hoping to get there Friday late afternoon, find a place to camp (hopefully not in a ditch) and register at Burgerville.

Hopefully I am not missing anything and don't have read the 32 pages of posts on the Western Meet to make sure cry. If I am missing something, maybe one of you long term meet planners can set me straight blush.

Thanks and hope to meet new people there along with some of the great people from the the mini meet.