The First Ever FGMCC Western Meet!

Canuck

The first annual FGMCC meet in the West!

The meet is in Carson City, Nevada just south of Reno. The event we are attending is the Silver Dollar Car Classic.

2004Logo.gif

Itinerary Includes:

• Friday Cruise
  • Friday Evening Street Dance and Show & Shine
  • Saturday Show & Shine
  • Parade laps in our Montes at Champion Motor Speedway(Saturday night)
  • Saturday night stock car races at Champion Motor Speedway
  • A Poker Run Sunday

There will be live entertainment throughout the weekend. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the meet, please email me at aaron@firstgenmc.com. I look forward to seeing you there!

All the info is here on the web site:

Western Meet Info Page

So far I've got members from British Columbia, Washington, California and New Mexico signed up. Don't miss out on the first meet! smile

I can answer this one. Everyone is invited with one exception. You cant come if your hair can touch your nose!!!!! laugh Monte

Ok, you heard it from Monte trim that unsightly nose hair. lol

Quote:
I can answer this one. Everyone is invited with one exception. You cant come if your hair can touch your nose!!!!! Monte

Anybody can come to the meet, it's open to all club members and non-members can come too. Even people with long hair laugh . Only club members will be able to receive awards and receive the other club benefits.

Dave and Janet Mau, April and myself are going to meet in Seattle and drive down together. This is going to be a blast. I don't know why I'm excited about something that's over 6 months away. I guess 'cause it's the first meet I'm attending. smile

I really wanna be there but I don't know if I can make it, my Monte should be close to ready by then and if so I have to deal with the vacation time for that period which might be tough. But I can't compare my Monte to your cars, hey Aaron is there an award for the best "almost ok, unfinished low budget Monte"? lol

Dave

hey Aaron is there an award for the best "almost ok, unfinished low budget Monte"? lol

Dave

LOL. I sure hope you and your almost ok, unfinished low budget Monte can make it. laugh . Seriously, some folks aren't even bringing their cars, they're just coming for the show and to meet fellow FGMCCers. Car or not, I still want to meet the folks that are part of this great club smile

I plan on being there with my Monte (I hope that doesn't stop others from going) and probably the family, too. Should I start by contacting the Motel, or event people to get my spot secured, or is it too early ? I have decided to go, so now what?

I was going to wait until the end of the month before I contact the hotel (this week). As soon as I set things up I'll let you know. smile I am hoping to set aside a block of rooms so that we are all in the same area of the hotel. Then, each of you will be able to book one of the rooms in that block. Thanx smile

• 2 weeks later...

All the info for hotel is on the Western Meet page now.

There are 4 different types of rooms to choose from:

• 1 bed, non-smoking
  • 2 beds, non-smoking
  • 1 bed, smoking
  • 2 beds, smoking

Please call 775-883-3343 to make your individual group reservations. Please specify the group name "First Generation."

Remember to tell them which nights you want. A couple of us are booked in for all three nights but some members may only stay 2 if they like. smile

• 3 weeks later...

There have been a few changes to the itinerary for the event and now there may be an opening for something on the Saturday night. The people running the event are still finalizing a few things on the itinerary and may come up with a few things still. If the Saturday night is still open, there is a drive-in theater just outside Reno which is less than 40 minutes away from Carson City. What do you think of going out for dinner and cruising up to Reno for the drive-in movie on the Saturday night? I will contact the theater to find out what movies will be playing that evening. If you have any other suggestions for the Saturday night, please post it here or e-mail me. Check the Western Meet page for the updated itinerary. smile

• 4 weeks later...

This is awesome! Glad to see something coming together over on that side of the world! Great job in planning it!

Thanx Stella smile

Dang it, will not be able to make it I'll be in Reno Aug.1-8thish for Hot August Nights. After Carson City come up to Reno and say hi, I'll have the metallic blue monte.

• 1 month later...

Announcement

Exciting news!

On the Saturday evening, we will be doing parade laps in our classic Montes around Champion Motor Speedway in front of all the fans. They are looking into getting a vintage police car to be the pace car... very cool! Also, we will get free tickets to see the stock car races that evening! This is open even to those who are not registering a car in the show.

The updated itinerary is in the Western Meet Page

Aaron how was your trip in the HOT sunny state?

and how would you rate the Race experience?

Dave

It certainly was HOT. It was 104 at the race track and we didn't have any shade. April went and sat in the shade under the grandstands during cautions to cool off. The races on Saturday and Sunday were great. I just love the sound of those engines in person. WE had fun at Disneyland, California Adventure, and Universal Studios too. Here's my post about our trip:

http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002858 smile

Maybe someone already mentioned this but I looked at the schedule of events - What happened to July 31st?

We are still having the DAY, but the number was changed to protect the innocent.

Katman, what part of town are you from?

[edit] got it figured out...marksSS

All fixed now. Thanx for bringing it to my attention. smile When I first made the page, I had a calendar that actually had no July 31st and the rest of the year was all screwed up in it.

• 1 month later...

OK, thought I'd update. My plans are set and there are a couple of us coming from the Sacramento area. We figure to leave Friday morning and then there will be the rumble of a procession of first Gen. Montes snaking their way through the Sierras into Nevada! It is a beautiful drive through the woods on Hwy 50 as we climb over the summit and then drop into the Lake Tahoe basin. I have to remember this is a cruise headed to Carson City, and NOT a Pikes Peak type of event!

I'm getting pretty excited and looking forward to seeing some nice cars and people there. If anyone is interested in joining us for the drive, you can contact me and we can try to put it all together. See Ya there!