Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
AndyBill402

CD-2 Lead Substitute

Don't mean to thread hijack, but I'm sure you guys who registered for the SEMA/SAN have received emails about the new Etahanol increase at the pumps thats coming. Now from what I've read this supposed to affect the newer cars especially but how is it gonna treat the old cars that prefer the leaded type of fuels?

Is building an E85 beast like Sams' gonna be the only way to beat up the streets?

lol

Thanks, thats what I figured...

My buddy was all freaked out talking about "You better hurry and get your Monte done, cause you ain't gonna be able to get gas for it the next couple of years!"

I responded with "I'll just go Nitro..."

the big problem with e85 as sam found out.. the percentage of ethanol is only truly 85% for a month or two out of the year.

EFI cars have a sensor and can deal with the diffence.. Carb's can not.

if you need leaded fuel, there is always racing fuel wink

but i've had several old timer hotrodders tell me that unless you are reving the snot out of your engine on a regular basis (like a boat) not having the lead isn't that big of a deal.

and you can always have hardened seats put in the heads...