Getting Red ready for PINKS

CrazyDavey

well we took Red's car down to the 1/8th mile in Barona yesterday to get her ready for PINKS next week. The car ran pretty good, we just put a new Chris Straub HR in it and it really woke it up!! The thing sounds like a ton of power now and the potential for the car is was up. Of course she's not going to let me play with it that much but still she went way past her pervious best...

I told her to heat up the tires for the first pass and she took me quite seriously....managed to throw the alt belt so we had to back up and do it again but this was one hell of an effort... grin

she spun the tires on this pass (no track prep to speak of) but still a good run..she hit the chip 1 to 2....

she won a round..got out at the top when she figured out she had it...

all in all I'm really proud of her, she was nervous but by the end of the day she was barking orders like John Force....her best run was 7.60 and 94 mph....there's a ton on the table but it will do for now..the air was 3500' so it should be better in Phoenix...Davey

That was one helluva a burnout! (it even made ME proud, I could imagine how tickled you were...)

As always, cool videos Dave. Thanks for posting!

And good Luck Red!

Davey, let me get this straight. You two came out the box with mid 11's? Awesome. Simply awesome. Even if you don't get picked I hope you two at least get some TV time. That car is getting it in a big way. Tell Buttercup to ease up on the tires, they aint cheap.

Andy

Davey, let me get this straight. You two came out the box with mid 11's? Awesome. Simply awesome. Even if you don't get picked I hope you two at least get some TV time. That car is getting it in a big way. Tell Buttercup to ease up on the tires, they aint cheap.

Andy

I'm gonna play all the angles Andy....wearing my "I wanna give Rich a hug" T-shirt....

Dave,

Reds' Monte sounds absolutley wicked. Better be careful or ya will be putting in a 6 point bar! I like how in the first run she didn't let out when the car started doing the a-body shuffle. Good luck and go get'em!!

David

Originally Posted By: Andy's Auto

Andy

I'm gonna play all the angles Andy....wearing my "I wanna give Rich a hug" T-shirt....

You gotta do what ya gotta do. Got to make phone call today. Look for a PM.

Andy

Excellent videos Dave.

I think it car will have no issue turning below 7.50. I hit 7.41@92 last year. She is running 94 MPH. I would think that would be in the 7.3s?

Hope one of you make it to the final 16 and WIN.

Originally Posted By: Reds72WMonte
Originally Posted By: Andy's Auto

Andy

You gotta do what ya gotta do. Got to make phone call today. Look for a PM.

Andy

got a hot line to Rich?? crazy