Back from Pinks

CrazyDavey

Hi everyone, we made it back this afternoon. Well I missed the show by 2 and a half one hundredths of a second... eek

The group they picked was from 10.32 to 10.55, my 2 run average was 10.295!! But....we had a great time and enjoyed every minute of it, both Red and I had new bests and the cars didn't break, that's a good outing.

Red's new best...11.66 @ 117...7.44 1/8th....with a 1.66 60'..I didn't tune on it because I was afraid she was going to bust 11.50 and get kicked out for no rollbar.

My new best...10.25 @ 130.13....6.49 1/8th...track was good my 60' was either 1.42 or 1.43 every run. DA was still up a bit higher than I thought it was going to be, 2400' for both the bests.

Met some great people including some Team Chevelle guys that were there. There was only 2 other Monte's both 4th gens. They were all over Red's car, lot of people came over to look at it after it ran, we spread the word about FGMCC.

The whole thing is quite interesting, how they build the show and try to introduce the drama. Rich is quite different in person, pretty funny and not as uptight as he seems on TV. Don't know it we got in any shots although they did shoot some video of Red when she made a run, I guess we'll see if it makes it in.

We had no issues during the trip, everything went very smooth so I'm greatful for that. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, we had a blast...there's a lot to tell but I don't want to make this too long...if you have any questions please ask...

here are the Pinks photo's they took along with some links to some video and a link to a pic slide show...I hope you enjoy....Davey and Red

scan00012.jpg

scan00022.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

I'm still working on a video of one of Red's runs...

same run in car

some pic's..

http://s697.photobucket.com/albums/vv333/redisaid2009/Pinks/?albumview=slideshow

Dang Davey, ever sleep? Isn't it like 3 am your time? Glad you had fun. Awesome new bests. Sucks you missed the field but you could always sell an organ and travel the country following the show. Hundreds do. It looks like someone went to town with a bottle of wax on Reds car. That thing looks awesome. Now to cage it and turn her loose.

Glad you saw a good part of Rich. I know he has alot going on but my impression after meeting him was completely different. What was the self induced drama?

Andy

Dang Davey, ever sleep? Isn't it like 3 am your time? Glad you had fun. Awesome new bests. Sucks you missed the field but you could always sell an organ and travel the country following the show. Hundreds do. It looks like someone went to town with a bottle of wax on Reds car. That thing looks awesome. Now to cage it and turn her loose.

Glad you saw a good part of Rich. I know he has alot going on but my impression after meeting him was completely different. What was the self induced drama?

Andy

no it was only quarter to 2... grin....I don't know, Rich was just cracking a lot of jokes over the mike, made fun of himself several times, maybe it was because it was the last show and he was looser or something.

The drama...well the first one was in the 32 and for some unknown reason (wink..wink) the lights didn't work (we were on the far end for this one and we could see that the tower tripped them) so they had to ask the drivers who won...tense moment.. grin....the loser fessed up.....in the final 8 one of the super gas cars...yes complete with wheelie bars and parachutes, there were 2 of them running 10.50's....got busted for going too slow...he was so far ahead of the other guy he pedaled it and lost something like 11 mph so they kicked him. It was hard to hear them sometimes but I think it was the final 4 and a red Ford truck got kicked for taking too long to stage...at least it sounded like that was the issue, I thought he just broke but we'll have to wait for the show and see. Then in the finals it was a primer looking 80 something Mustang against another index type Vega (again wheelie bars, at least he took off his chute). The first round the Vega was so far ahead he got out of it like something was broke...he won the second round...on the last round some how the Vega got a flat tire and tried to run but they wouldn't let him.. the Mustang made a single for the win.....

I have never seen so many backhalf'd, caged, tubbed, chute totin' 18" tire 10.50 cars in my life!!! If I had a dollar for everytime someone shifted their car at 5000 it would have paid for the trip....

Awesome Dave!

Yeah it seems Rich would be a nice guy to meet in person. They have to dramatize a lot of it for TV, makes it more interesting I guess. grin

18" tire 10.50 cars? Sounds like some serious Sand bagging to me. lol

Quote:
I have never seen so many backhalf'd, caged, tubbed, chute totin' 18" tire 10.50 cars in my life!!!
lol

I smell quote of the week! Nice videos, pictures, and great picture captions.. grin "some parents"

Red and Dave;

Glad all went well for you two. Sounds like a great time. Sorry you weren't picked in the field. Great runs with great times. It's always good that nothing broke. Thanks for sharing the videos and pics. Glad you made it home safe and sound. I know everyone was rooting for you two.

thanks guys....yeah I did Tommy...I had to run them a little lower than usual because there was so much time between runs you can't keep the heat in the tires...I learned this past year to run them 1 lb lower when they're cold and by the end of the run they come up to the right temp. Once you're making rounds they stay there but in this case I couldn't risk blowing them off....a wee bit of torque.... grin