Bored

Andy's Auto

Been sick as hell the last week or so and I decided to go to work yesterday. Didn't want to infect any customers car so I played with the 68 yesterday and today.

Here is what the engine looked like. Ran like poo, but ran. Bone stock 72 Monte 402 from the rusted out PA car I parted last year

IMG_4495.jpg

I was saving this project for another car but I get bored easily. Off came the old 290 heads for a set of worked 820's. The cam wound up having two bad lobes so I spun the wheel and landed the Crower .608 solid tappet cam that got my 71 into the mid 12's. Qjet went by the wayside and I put on an AED 750 Eliminator. I used the old Air Gap from the 71 as well. Found some shiney valve covers in the toy box so they went on as well. I pulled the engine and just freshened it up with rings, mains, and rod bearings. A fresh oil pump and timing chais was not going to hurt anyones feelings either.

Does it look any better? Because it sure sounds better.

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg

Davey, I think so. The 505 is just collecting dust but I think I might dial in the Malibu and then swap the 505 there for a few.

When I have the flu I tend to ignore everything and stand in one spot to sweat it out. And that sweat turned into a purdier engine bay. And the thing sounds fantastic. Just running 2.5 pipes to dumps but I have a new American Thunder on the shelf doing nothing. I think if I felt better I could just ignore the car. But it is on the lift. And it needs a bath. And I don't want to wash it until everything is done.

So tomorrow I will pop the rear end out, throw on the exhaust, swap in a convertor and get it to the track next week. I was planning on beating Bu tomorrow, but the flu takes alll the fun out of it.

Happy Turkey Day

ondy

You live TOOO far away! did you really do all that in a span of 1-2 days?!

I wish I could sit down and do something even close to that... that fast... actually i just wish I could do something that good... I'm running a Budget Monte lol

I told myself that this quickie would take no trip to the speed shop. Right? Well I just had to get another (that makes 5 total) AED throttle bracket. I'll get pics of it tomorrow. I grabbed a better set of posi locs for the rockers and I just had to have a less ghetto fuel line.

Before I take the rest of the driveline out I will do a smoke show and get one of the guys get a pic of it.

Andy

Wow, Andy you must not be feeling well, you let Mike off the hook. lolroflkickingrofllol

Nice work brother, I was going to say, I'm going to have to swing by there at lunch tomorrow but you can keep your funk, I'm saving my illness for being "Stuffed" on Thursday. smile

Yeah, thanks Andy!

I want to stop by too...got a bunch of head bolts for ya.....