rear Window Defrost Fan

Hogboy

My original still works, but I never use it. All it does is just blow air around. I think it must have been a "must have" option that served no practical function. It just blows cold air on low or high speed. Go figure.....

I've not had one rebuilt but it should be easy for someone that does electric motors.

Chevrolet called it Option C50 Rear window defogger. There's no heating element, so it's just a fan, not defroster.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tested the motor to be sure that's the problem? Might be a fuse, switch, connection or ground problem.

"I think it must have been a "must have" option that served no practical function." It does work but it takes some time. It's not like a newer style with the heat lines in the glass. It is a defogger, not a defroster, even though it will eventually melt snow and ice off rear window. I have the same system in the 77 Caprice I drive year round. Much better than nothing if you drive in winter weather. It will clear up the middle of the rear window enough to see out.

• 6 months later...