Frame numbers

I found my frame #s last week, but i am having trouble matching them up to anything. How do i know this frame is the original one for my body? My frame has #s. But my build sheet has letters. Is there a chart or something that i could reference too? I checked all my books, none of them say anything about them.

Thanks

Hey Willie, Shawn is right. It should have part of the VIN number on it, My 70 Chevelle had the part VIN number quite visable on the drivers side rear Top of the frame, I also have a partial hidden behind the blower motor fan on the firewall and on the Rad Craddle just above the Voltage reg on a 70 hidden in small letters behind the Headlight bezel..

Darren.

Willie,

I have done two frame off restoration's of documented Montes and did not find a vin stamped anywhere on the frame. I did find what I thought was a gm part # stamped on the rear side of the frame.

Darren i checked all the other #s like you told me (under heater box and under the blower motor) and they all match. So iknow the body is true. But the frame has me stumped, none of the #s match anything that i have.

These are the #s i can see clearly on the outside of the frame, rear of the rear left tire. 6263664 356

Vaughn imght have what you ran into. These #s might just be a part #. I also checked above these #s on the top side of the frame but cant see any #s there.

Thanks for the help guys

Willie

Hey Willie, another spot you might wanna check for either a VIN or GM part number would be the rear of the rolling chassis, the crossover bar at the back that holds the rear horns together sometimes have numbers on the rear pass side...side of the frame as if you are squatting down looking at it straight on.....And Yes Vaughn is correct too as I have seen some that dont have any and including the car he speaks of that he worked on...so both instance's can be the answer....

Darren.

Must be as most said, there arent any other #s on the frame that i can see. The #s that i do see must be a part #.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I wish I could help more but my other frame is at a friends house and cannot even begin to look on my car. It is surrounded by a sheds worth of mowers and other crap that dosent belong in my garage lol.

There are no #s saying that it doesnt belong to my car, so i am taking it as it is original. With the experience we have here the #s that i do have must be a part #. There are no sign of any other # or Vin or part of Vin.

Shawn no problem thank you for doing what you could. I hopefully will get back in my garage in a month or two so i can start on the Monte again, and i will check my parts cars just for the heck of it. And i will bring this back up at that time to let everyone know what i found.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out