BMR or HRparts

i'm getting the rear body roll kit, any one have experience with either one of these kits? I know Mike G. has one of these. any feed back would be Appreciated.

also besides the $100.00 price difference. anything else different?.

HRparts

BMR

Thanks

Thanh

Thanh, I have the BMR version and love it. It was a piece of cake to install. I have no experience or knowledge of the other company, HRparts, so I have no info for you on them. I will say that I have been a BMR customer for about 8 years and have purchase many of their products. I'm a big fan of BMR and the quality of their product. - Dave

I love my BMR parts smile I have their rear stuff on the Monte, and am going to put the front parts on once I get back on my feet. I have also used their stuff on a 86 Camaro and they worked great on it too.

i belive they can...I know a guy who has the BMR upper and lower control arms on his street car..he wanted bigger wheels on it and went that route to beef up the front end...rides pretty good for a 70 chevelle with 22's on it!

Can those kits be used for mostly street driving?

yes they can, the idea has been around a long time. go look under a 1997 chevy suburban(my personal experience) there are other vehicles that came from factory with it.

thanh

Originally Posted By: ROMO
Can those kits be used for mostly street driving?

yes they can, the idea has been around a long time. go look under a 1997 chevy suburban(my personal experience) there are other vehicles that came from factory with it.

thanh

^^^^^^^^^^ What Thanh said. In my old setup I had air bags out back lakewood 90/10 shocks up front and no front sway bar. The car was fine going in a straight line but I was always cautious going into turns. It kinda of handled like the Queen Mary. grin

I took the air bags out and installed ARB and the car handles suprising well. Quite solid and doesn't feel like it is going to roll over when going through curves and pulling into parking spaces.

David

• 4 weeks later...

I have the BMR anti roll bar on the rear of my 72 and before I installed it mine was twisting something fierce and put me into the guard rail!!! after the install it leaves straight as an arrow, level and actually took all the air out of the rear airbag too...and it 60 ft is in the 1.4's.. and it looks pretty cool too!!

149-1.jpg

Seen a lot of guys using the BMR stuff but never heard of HR.

I guess I'm a little too late, but this Hellwig Pro-Touring bar also attaches the same as the others to frame crossmember rather than trailing arms for the benefit and is only selling for $249

Hellwig Pro-Touring Bar A-body

Seen a lot of guys using the BMR stuff but never heard of HR.

I guess I'm a little too late, but this Hellwig Pro-Touring bar also attaches the same as the others to frame crossmember rather than trailing arms for the benefit and is only selling for $249

Hellwig Pro-Touring Bar A-body

The HRparts version is very popular with the Chevelle guys but very similar to the BMR piece. The Hellwig is not classified as a anti rollbar and is quite a bit smaller than either the BMR or the HRparts (1.125" vs 1.375"). The Hellwig unit has been discussed in detail on chevelles.com and even Hellwig (a site sponsor) says it is not an ARB.....

I got the BMR simply because it is about $100 cheaper than the HRparts version. It has allowed the old velle to reach down into the 1.30's for 60 foot.....

scan00032.jpg

It is my understanding that there are Drag Bars and Pro-touring rear bars depending on the goals you are after. Drag bars are much thicker diameter and prevent any movement to obtain straight hard launches in high HP cars. Pro-Touring bars stiffen up the rear and limit movement but still allow for some suspension articulation to maximize handling in cornering and allow the front and rear of the car to be balanced in a hard turn.

It all depends what you are after.

I understand the difference Dan, Thanh's goal is for drag racing not going around corners. The Hellwig bars can help but are not as effective as the HRparts or BMR ARB's that he's looking at.... wink to Thanh's original question it's simply a matter of choice between the 2 bars, they both do the same thing....

hell BMR may be less expensive but the stuff is as good as quality as any ive seen...and the anti roll bar set up made my ride go from a death trap to a car thats fairly easy to drive..

I have actually put my ride into the guard rail it was so bad.. and now it looks pretty sweet and works even better..also was so freekin easy to install it was rediculious and to think I was going to have a weld in set up professionally installed before i found the BMR kit...

guys.

thanks for the inputs. i did put the BMR stuff in as i'm cheap like Davey.

so far so good, we'll see when we get to the track.

thanh