BBC fan shroud...

car poor

That's all you need to do - just switch the "tunnel" to the big-block shroud. Just be sure to align the tunnel in the new shroud the same way it was in the old one.

You can then use the old holes in the tunnel as a guide for the new staple holes in the new BB shroud base. Just position the tunnel in the new base and drill the holes (it would be from the inside out). Then reuse the staples by pushing them in the newly drilled holes and crimping them down on the inside. Pretty simple to do, and it looks factory-installed when finished.

• 5 months later...
The shroud "tunnel" (or "tube") is the same for both the small and big-block. Just carefully remove the staples (so you can reuse them) and remove the tunnel from your old SBC shroud base, insert into the new BB shroud base, drill new holes in the BB shroud using the holes in the the tunnel as a guide, and insert the staples and bend them back down. Note - be sure to orient the tunnel the same way it was positioned in the old SBC shroud base.

This is what I did when I switched from a small block to a big block on my car. I bought an aftermarket shroud and re-used my small block tunnel as well as all of the staples. It turned out great.

Wayne

• Canuck unpinned this topic