Vibration at 65

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more of a reason to suspect the wheels (rims) specially with a dual hub pattern. A flawed wheel could have made it through quality control, or bent at that?

hub_centric_wheel.jpg

Thats what Im saying if he rotated the tires and the vibration is the same then wouldnt that remove the tires and wheels from being suspect. If its in the rear and it was there before the rearend rebuild then it shouldnt be any of the parts he replaced during the rebuild. Im not saying I am right or wrong just trying to help. Jim to fully eliminate the wheels and tires can you swap with anybody. How long have you been dealing with this what all has been done to try and resolve the issue.

I have the Wheel Vintiques on my daily driver...I have not had any issues with them, This is my second set of these I had( had a set on my 91 Full size pick up) on that truck they eneded up replacing a wheel for me IT WAS OUT OF ROUND. When I had the tires put on had a vibration that they could not fix. I contacted vintiques the first set I had I bought directly through them so I only dealt with them. They said it is unusual but it can happen. They actually sent me a new wheel before I took the other one off had the tire installed no vibration. Other than that one issue their wheels have been good to me

My 72 has a vibration at 38 to 40 MPH. I have not figured mine out either but I know it's not the wheels. I'm guessing it's the tranny in my car.

I would say Jim you have a lot of suggestions, and as always start with the cheapest and go from there. My guess is the cheapest would be that U joint by the diff..

Darren.

I had the exact same problem with my Wheel Vintiques Ralleys till I had them balanced on the car. They are not a hub centric wheel and unless you balance them on a machine that uses the lugs as the centering point they will not balance right. I fought the same issue you are a few years ago. After I had them done on the car 99% of the vibration was gone. They are going bye bye as soon as I get the new wheels out of the box and on the car smile

I wonder if a shop that does smog tests would let you put the car on their rollers and run her up to speed? From the outside it might be real obvious where the problem is.

Well the Driveshaft has been balanced and my mechanic said he drove it between 60-80 and no vibration hallelujeah. I haven't had a chance to drive it on the highway yet but I trust him. I will soon weather permitting.

I can't believe this part of the journey might be over.