Vibration at 65

I took the bad tire 235/60R15 RWL Tiger Paw and got my money back.

Now I can't find them anywhere. Uniroyal quit making that size.

Does anyone know where I can get a new one?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the bad tire 235/60R15 RWL Tiger Paw and got my money back.

Now I can't find them anywhere. Uniroyal quit making that size.

Does anyone know where I can get a new one?

I see alot of places list them but no longer have them when you click on the "buy it" button. Here's a LINK to a place that carry's them but you would have to call them to find out if it's available.

• 6 months later...

I am still not cured of the vibration. I had to take my wife to Greenville SC to pick up her car and I drove the Monte on Hwy 85 for about 1 1/2 hours each way. I still had the vibration at 70. Kinda un nerving. I need to take it back to the mechanic to check the rearend out after putting some miles on it since the rebuild and I need a list of things to have him check to get rid of the vibration.

Hey Jim , another stab in the dark here... How about a bad rear U-joint at the diff end of the driveshaft.????

Darren.

I will have him check the driveshaft and Ujoints. They were new a few years agon when the car was restored. Someone mentioned the C clips holding the U joints in may be too skinny.

I had a vibration issue with mine and though the U-joints were relatively new and showed little wear my vibration went away with replacing both front and back U-joints. Honestly that was the last thing I thought it was going to be.

My rear U-Joint was not that old but I could feel a catch in it so I replaced it. I also found a worn rt axle where the brg rides so I replaced it with an off set brg. Then I found a bad race in the rt rotor (the one made in CHINA) so I put the original rotor on, that I had kept, and finally the vibration was somewhat better. Still not right I again removed the rear U-Joint and found one of the needles had fallen and was trapped at the end. Took care of that, again a slight improvement so I gave up. I think the tires may be a bit out of round and may need to be balanced again but I'm done. My nephew mentioned a balancing machine they have at the dealership he works at that put's a load on the tire as it's spun and can tell if the tire is bad.

Bruce

I have not checked the driveshaft but I will mention Monday when I take it in. Got some new U joints from Napa. Hope they work the first time. I did not change the ride height. It has all new bushings shocks and Coil Springs. Everything is original type.

Often people overlook "drive line phasing" Just as Sam stated..nice write-up here linky The most disturbing one I have found is the pinion angle. Another tidbit of info: I never even considered till someone pointed it out to me. Was the relation of the zerk fitting in the u-joint, not only referring to the access when greasing, but the orientation of it when torquing the u-joint under a load. I'm sure the zerk fitting has no bearing in your vibration, just some info to pass along.

I dropped it off this morning and he said will have driveshaft balanced as well as new U joints installed.

Yes the tires have been rotated.