Need a rear end

Arsin

I need to shorten my rear end by 2" on either side to get my rims to tuck with shirts on. It was suggested that I go with a camaro rear end since a g-body may not handle horse power as well. Anyone know what years might be compatible with a first gen Monte.

Arsin,

wouldn't it be cheaper to ditch the skirts or perhaps get a better offset fitting rim instead? whistle.. on a serious note..call currie they'll bruit it to your liking.

Thanx I'll check them out. Hoping to find something cheap on craigs list. Ballin on a budget rofl

Originally Posted By: Monte7071
Arsin your car is factory right if your not looking to build a high horsepower engine a G body should be fine.

I was planning on tweaking the 350 a lil but not going too crazy.

Everyone wants a rear end thatll fit nicely in skirts kicking

That far exceeded any smart alec comment I anticipated rofl Undecided if I should post the good news about the Monte....... wink Those that know don't kill the suprise grin

While not as narrow as you want I believe a 66 - 67 A-body rear axle is at least an inch narrower and since it mounts the same should be a bolt in.

Originally Posted By: 7tonemonte

Undecided if I should post the good news about the Monte....... wink Those that know don't kill the suprise grin

Do tell! as long as you didn't pull the trigger on the Hello Kitty exhaust muffler. kicking

hello_kitty_ferrari_exhaust-3489-2.jpg

Originally Posted By: Arsin

Undecided if I should post the good news about the Monte....... wink Those that know don't kill the suprise grin

Do tell! as long as you didn't pull the trigger on the Hello Kitty exhaust muffler. kicking

hello_kitty_ferrari_exhaust-3489-2.jpg

CLOWNING!!! rofl

Heres the latest pic of Hell Fire 72

downsized_0804111746_0001.jpg

Yea Ive gotten a few pics from Adrian, looking much better! Im curious as to why they decided to splice it there instead of all the way at the jamb?

Im not second-guessing the person doing the work, just curious is all

You got the quarter panel fixed!! cool I got a taillight hsg if you need it..I'll donate to the cause. You pay pony express. wink I think it's '72.

I replaced the damaged with one I got from Jared. The guy blasted it but due to medical reason isn't able to handle the fumes from painting so he only does body work I guess.

Yea Ive gotten a few pics from Adrian, looking much better! Im curious as to why they decided to splice it there instead of all the way at the jamb?

Im not second-guessing the person doing the work, just curious is all

He said that because of some dings and gauges in the NOS from it having to be moved from one homie to the next before I was able to pick it up (not sure which one did it rofl ) That he would cut the good section of the NOS one and use that. Do you think he cut corners? If so I just won't use him again. I was wondering if he was trying to salavage as much of the stock body as possible since he didn't seem to be a big fan of NOS. Either way I spent a grand on having the side stretched out, the rusty parts of the the inner wheel wheel cut out and fabbed and the NOS put on. I hope I still got a deal on it.