Replacement axles

MeanMonte

Ok im looking into replacing my axles with aftermarket ones to gain reliability on the strip. I know there are a few brands just thought i would ask if anyone has use or recomends certain ones over others... Thanks Eli

I can't really compare different brands, but I installed Moser Axles, and they were quite an improvement at least size wise. They haven't broken yet either, so I guess that's good. The axle on the left is the stock one I pulled out, the one of the right is obviously the new Moser. you can see how the stock one necks down where the moser stays thick. I measured and there were 3/16" difference in diameter at the weak point on the stock axle!!! eekeek Hope that is helpful!

Scott

IMG_0901.jpg?dc=4675605803459403235

I purchased a set of Moser C-clip axles and new axle bearings. The axles are like 30% stronger than stock and you can see where it comes from as the shaft does not taper. The bearings also were huge compared to the factory ones I removed.

I found out fairly recently we have a FGMCC member (Monzaz)that sells axles and related rearend parts and he only lives a few miles from me. He lists parts in the for sale section from time to time. Here's his profile... Monzaz

• 2 weeks later...

I personally only use Mark Williams components.

I have never seen or heard of breakage or spline twisting with Mark Williams. They make a Masterline series good to 9.90's for $320 a set. Ran 30 spline axles in my Monte until the end of 2006. They have 900+ passes on them from 12's to low 10's.

I just went to 35 spline setup since I plan to put it into the 9's.

The 30 splines are going into my chevelle this winter.

I echo what mc71454 said about Mark Williams axles. Everything they make is for hard core racing and even the Masterline parts are as strong as other companies top of the line pieces are for less money.

BB

Yep I used the USA axles when I was fighting the vibration issue. They came with everything including the bearings. Fit was right on and they are thicker than the stock ones like the ones above from Moser. I think for the money they were a good deal. I am not going to be racing the car, so they should be fine.

Ian