How fast are you big block guys running?

Sdl72Monte:

Those are impressive numbers indeed. I think that's great, but I also think it can easily be explained. You have to be saving 200lbs alone with a small block with aluminum heads. I think the heads are the most key element in producing power. I didn't see your choice of cam, but it sounds like all the parts are working together for strong midrange power - perfect for a heavy car. So good heads, lighter weight, and less friction with the TH350 plus draglites, no AC all add up to good times at resonable cost.

For me, I think aluminum heads will cut .2 off with just the weight savings (BBC iron heads are HEAVY). laugh

Yes I agree fully. I am just partial to small blocks, well actully just horsepower. LOL. However I like the big block torque numbers I am gettin out of a small block with the weight savings and a resonable cost. FYI my dad runs only big blocks and swears by the adage that there is no sub. to cubic inches. Good luck with your efforts.

Steve

• 5 months later...

12.75 with. . .

454HO unmodified

Holley 750 vac sec

MSD ignition with 11 deg initial and 36 deg total advance

Th-350 with B&M 2400 stall

3.55 gears with 275-60-R15 (28") tires

this year I changed to an RPM air gap intake, 750 Speed Demon Double Pumper,MSD distributor with 16 deg initial 37 deg total, 502/502 cam (224/234 @ 0.050"), Comp magnum rollers, Head bowl and intake/exhaust porting...

Hope it wasn't wasted effort.

12.41 @ 110.1...

with a 10.1 .060-over 454, cast iron merlin oval ports, B&M 2400 converter, stock turbo 350 w/B&M shift kit, 3:31 gear, BFG drag radials, cast iron exhaust manifolds, 2.5" Torque Tech exhaust w/h-pipe, 20" dynomax mufflers, "LS6" cam, RPM intake, Holley 800 dp, 6A MSD ignition / MSD distributor. Word to the wise: if you try to run without an air cleaner and have hood insulation, bad things can happen! smile

• 1 month later...