c-clip eliminators.

hi guys.

what is involved in instaling these units? do you have to buy new axles to do this or can you use what you have? i know i will have to take the axles out of the housing. how are the bearing stay on the axle?

any one done this please feed me some info.

thanks.

thanh

they make kits for this w/ new axles, after you remove your axles you will have to remove the backing plates, remove the seal & bearing, cut off the end of the axle, reinstall backing plates, slide the new axle in w/the bearing assem installed on the axle, the new axle bearing assem bolts to the axle using the backing plate bolts (new ones), the new bearing assem is what holds the axle in, I think mine was from Moesure

Sam

sam.

do you drive your on the street? did you do the work yourself?

i read that they leak real bad if driven on the street.

thanks for the info.

thanh

thanh,

yes I drive it about 1500 miles a year, no prob so far, and I did it my self, I'm an ex truck mech. not to hard, when you seal it just remember, CLEAN good to go!!!

what do you run now??? laugh

Sam fgmcc

sam

thanks for the info. 11.20 so far . i'm trying to get into the 10's this year so i'm looking at the areas where the car is weak. i wanted to start with the rear end as i think it is the weakest link right now. also the safety issue. don't want a wheel/axle assembly leaving the car at high speed.

thanh

Sam... I`ve installed QA1 rear 12-way adjustable shocks,

Hotchkis rear lowering springs,

adjustable rear spring spacer (sits under the spring on the perch), adjusts from 0 to 4", it can be used to preload right rear tire or lift both sides, adjusts in seconds with a socket set,

Hotchkis rear sway bar,

edelbrock double adjustable rear upper control arms,

edelbrock boxed rear lower control arms,

edelbrock tubular rear braces (for strength and to accurately locate rear suspension).

The rear end is from a 70 chevelle, with a 4.11 posi, added moser c-clip axles with 1/2" wheel studs. smile

bill,

those adjuster looks great, it does kinda the same thing as the air bags do.

sam.

the only thing i did to the rear suspension is install a set of South Side Machine lift bars, heavy duty coil springs. everything else is stock.

will be installing airbag in the right rear coil spring this year.

thanh.

BB

• 1 month later...

hey tom.

good to see you posting here. do you have to use their axles with their kit? i know strange said their kits are only for their axles.

it looks like we will be at LVR on the 6th of may if the weather is good if not then the first saturday that the weather is good. hope to meet up with you.

thanks.

thanh.

Hey there..

Yes, you need to use their axles...

I will be there May 3rd for a T&T and then I have a track rental on Friday May 5. Swap meet on Saturday May 6, and another one on May 7...What a busy week next week...

Are you going to make it up to Hemmings Musclepalooza on May 27 ??? I will surely be there..

Tom

hey tom.

WOW you are a busy man. where are the swap meets? yes i was planning on attending the musclepalooza. so i will see you there. we will be test and tuning the camaro for the summer national in june at englishtown, nj. the monte will be making runs to see how much more work i have to do to get to my goal. not legal yet( no roll cage)

thanh

Sounds Like a Plan..

Swapmeets - Rhinebeck NY, Dutchess County Fairgrounds - May 6.

Bristol CT - May 7

Put the headers back on last night. I have some new fully CNC'd AFR Heads and was worried the headers were going to hit the frame..Nope, they fit better than they did with the Canfield heads

smile

tom.

bristol, ct is about 10 minutes from my house. i might be going there also. give me a call when you get there, maybe i'll see you there before the palooza. 860-514-5325.

thanh.

I will !

Is it a good swap meet, If I do not do well at Rhinebeck I will absloutely be there. If Rhinebeck goes well I will skip it..either way I will let you know..

Thanks