Pictures of Terry's Monte resto

7tonemonte

Heres a link to a page Im starting for Terry (70Iron)

This is one of his 70's, this one is in very nice condition, not quite up to par with his other 70, but it will be very soon!

Ill let him fill you in on the details

Terry, keep sending me pictures, Ill add them as you go along. Cant wait to see it done!!!

Cardomain page for Terry!

Heres a pic from when I was up his house for a visit.

26213280195_large.jpg

26213280194_large.jpg

26213280177_large.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb collection of Montes. I see 4 of them and only 3 garage doors...and a truck is even blocking one of the bays... laugh

Thanks guys,

Bill and Steve,the one Monte is Tony's I wish it were mine :-).

I have another garage off to the right that I keep 1 of them in.

Thanks to Tony for the linky,I hope to have more pics after Monday.

The restoration will not be a frame off,the floor and all is excellent and I plan on using the Monte alot . The body has alot of door dents from the original owner and some rust in the lower front fenders and the rear whl lips are about gone,it was a fender skirt car from the factory.

I was pleased to see under the vinyl top was rust free ,just a little surface and some paint come off with the top removable.I am replacing the top with Dark Blue which came on the Monte .It had to be special made because of blue from Kee tops and will take 3-4 wks. The body will be made laser straight (I hope )and repainted the original Astro Blue.

I have all of the lower trim N.O.S.(thanks Davey) and the rest is all very good including the bumpers.

I also have the optional stainless belt mldg with new window felts to go back on.

Needless to say I'm excided to see how it turns out .

Will keep the resto pics coming as I can get them.He also is making a CD with all the work he's doing and will give it to me when finished ,so if I miss some repair he will have it.

Terry

I didn't put two and two together and notice the Monte on the right was Tony's... grin

Originally Posted By: 7tonemonte

I didn't put two and two together and notice the Monte on the right was Tony's... grin

Wait until Tony sees that Bill !! :-).

Your right Bill that math dont add up but if you notice in the first picture the garage door is different hmmm maybe he's a 2 garage family. Now im really jelious beautiful monte collection and 2 garages.

Lets not forget about Steve !! He also missed Tony's Monte !!

Yes Terry has a great looking group of Monte's there, along with his shortbed Chevy! He drives them also, thats for sure. I know the one thats in for the paint job now was practically a daily driver grin

I figured someone would have recognized my car there, but thats ok, if someone else had to own my Monte, at least I know Terry would take good care of it

The guy sounds like he is going to do a great job Terry, and him taking pictures along the way shows that he has great pride in his work, and he is not going to try and hide anything. We used to keep a disposable camera in the car and suprise the owner with it when he picked the car up. Funny thing is, we always asked for a copy of the pictures, and noone ever brought us a set, but they still stop by and show the cars off.

Yes I did miss Tony's but you know us blue guys we have a hard time seeing green rofl

Steve are you saying "You could'nt see the Forest for the trees ? :-).

Terry

Not much done this week,He should be back on it by the first of next wk, He has 2 that will be finished ,1 tomorrow and the other will be out by Monday.He will only have my Monte and a 65 Vette in the shop so things should get rollin shifter.Will have progress pics in a wk or 2.

Terry

• 4 weeks later...

You have a beautiful pair of '70s, Terry! Happy to see a near-twin to my Astro blue/Dark blue '70. Actually, yours being an SS454 is more like a marriage of my two '70s.

I considered several other color combos when I had mine repainted a over a year ago but decided to stay with the original factory colors. I had an upholstery shop evaluate my original vinyl top but he felt it didn't need replacing yet. Glad to know the pattern and color can be custom ordered when the time comes.

Looks like you are doing a very complete restoration on your SS car. Anxious to see photos when you get her back together. Hope it all goes well.