Pictures of Terry's Monte resto

7tonemonte

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some one put green bondo on that blue car.

I hope it holds up and the blue paint does not reject it

lol, I had my guy add some Anti rejection additives !!

The monte was a 20 footer,not much rust but several small dents and chips,always looked good in pics.

Dennis,its not a factory SS but a ZZ 454 ,I did add most all of the SS equipment ,no compresser but shock protectors,sway bars /boxed arms,BB tach ect. I did put the SS 454 on the front lower Mldg.I'm only doing it for myself and not to fool anyone .I bought the Monte for my late wife and will keep it forever and pass it along to my Daughter so thats why I'm getting it restored so they won't have too .

My paint guy said that he should have it stripped and the 1st coat of primmer on by week end,so he's moving right a long with it.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Tony,He's taking his time and doing a great job,The trim guy will be putting the Blue vinyl top on as soon as he gets the car sanded /buffed and polished.Still has to paint the lower body black and assemble the fenders ect.

Bob, I'll tell him what you said grin

Terry

That's beautiful, Terry! It will be gorgeous when it's all finished and assembled!

Even on a factory color re-paint, there's a huge difference between having the front quarters, doors, hood and deck removed and just having them masked off. I have one of each type and notice the difference every time I open something.

I'll probably regret not having my blue vinyl roof replaced when the car was painted. The upholsterer I consulted with specializes in custom and classic cars but didn't think he could get that dark blue vinyl in the original grain pattern. Maybe he was just limited by his normal sources.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

That's a great color! It's gonna be an excellent car. What color is the interior? I'm wondering if I use a blue top, will it look right with the black cloth interior?

Dan

What color is the interior? I'm wondering if I use a blue top, will it look right with the black cloth interior?

Dan

Thanks Dan,

My interior is black vinyl,the Monte came from the factory with the dark blue vinyl top .Its so drk it looks black.I decided to go back with the blue so it would be a little different from a couple that I (seldom)see at some local shows.The blue had to be custom made and cost a little more 350.00 compared to 225 for black.

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Got some pics of Terry's car, it looks awesome in the pics! I cant wait to see it in person, the blue top looks great on it too!

15619967_large.jpg

15619966_large.jpg

15619965_large.jpg

Love the spoiler too! I think mine needs one.

15619964_large.jpg

15619963_large.jpg

15619962_large.jpg

15619961_large.jpg

Terry, I also like the idea of the car club decal over the Model A car on the license plate, I need to get an FGMCC sticker for mine!