Window Fuzzies

72MC

I am replacing my window fuzzies. The front is done and had no problems. The back windows are causing me some problems. I am having problems getting the rear panels out. My haynes manual is telling me to remove the rear seat but does not say how to do that. I have never removed the rear seat. What is involved with getting those rear panels off. Thanks for the help in advance. - Dave

To remove the rear seat

The way I do it is to get into the back seat and position my self in the fornt center of the seat in a kneeling poststion looking out the back glass.

With the palms of my hand slightly strecthed from my sides I put them at the bottom of the lower cushion (SEAT) and push in towards the trunk, as it moves back lift up on seat and you should fill it release. The seat is hooked to a couple of brackets

Once you have the lower cushion out then look for two bolts under the top cushion. I think you need a 1/2 Socket to remove the 2 bolts. when bolts are removed then that portion of the seat will lift up and out.

------------------

1970bb.jpg

My Monte's

If it sounds like Thunder!!! Me and My Monte have just rolled in!!!

1970 MC SS or one heck of a clone Needs restored

1970 MC 350/350

1998 F*%& WinStar

2002 Dodge Ram

Take a light and look under the seat about 10 inches from both sides of the inner panel you will see a spring of the seat that clips into a hook. Press down on the seat then push back, seat will then lift out. Back of the seat has two bolts at bottom then lifts up. Then you can get to all your screws on panel, hope this helps, Dan

Thanks guys, going down to try right now. Never would have thought the seat would have to come out to remove panels. - Dave

That was alot of work for just installing window fuzzies. The fuzzies are in but everything is not all back together. Going to do some spring cleaning before it all goes back together. Thanks again. - Dave

I know what you mean about house cleaning.I pulled the entire dash on mine last night and what a job and then all the mess. and all I wanted to do was replace the dash bulbs. But when I did I see I have a dead circuit on the board for the left dash lights. Now I need a printed circuit board and some other goodies while I got it tore apart.

------------------

1970bb.jpg

My Monte's

1970 MC 350/350

1998 F*%& WinStar

2002 Dodge Ram

Hey busmechanic, you have a nice looking car there. The exterior of that car is exactly what mine was originally. Now it is pearl white with pink flake but dont know how to post my picture as you and others have done on your messages. I am on MSN site but havent a clue as to the dialog needed to transfer the images. Any help would be appreciated. - Dave

You got mail after reading it you can test it at test forum http://www.firstgenmc.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=UBB+Test+and+Q|AMP|A&number=16&DaysPrune=365&LastLogin=

------------------

1970bb.jpg

My Monte's

1970 MC 350/350

1998 F*%& WinStar

2002 Dodge Ram