What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talked to the body shop that has the 1970 468 MC and was told she will be out by april 15th and back to J&J Racing Engine Development for drive shaft and alt/ ps pump/ radiator. then test burn!!! wheeeeeee!

I restored a couple more parts recently. Progress on my own car is slow, but it's still going forward.

409009387.jpg

409009386.jpg

409009389.jpg

Dan

Thanks guys. I sandblasted them and used satin clear and satin black. I like how the satin clear turned out.

Dan

looks great. too bad most of it is not exposed but if anyone crawls under the dash they will see it for sure. Not poking fun at you for doing it the way you did, I would have done the same thing but it is a shame it won't show.

Rob

Thanks. I just hate rust, whether it can be seen or not. smile When blasting areas that will be seen, it's impossible for me to not keep going.

Dan

Pulled mine out in the driveway to breath some fresh air. Hoping for some rain to wash the salt of the roads. Just purchased 3:73 gears to replace 2:73.

Thanks. I just hate rust, whether it can be seen or not. smile When blasting areas that will be seen, it's impossible for me to not keep going.

Dan

You can put mirrors on the floors so you can see under your dash! lol

Doing well. A true miracle. Was told she would never walk again and has been back to work full time, driving the car and back to some normalcy. Her walk is a little mechanical and uses a cane when she goes out. We started leaving the cane home this last week. We still think she will get better, but 4 months was a nightmare. Wheel chairs, walkers , arm canes, shower stool all in a closet!

I'm glad she enjoyed the trip!

Doing well. A true miracle. Was told she would never walk again and has been back to work full time, driving the car and back to some normalcy. Her walk is a little mechanical and uses a cane when she goes out. We started leaving the cane home this last week. We still think she will get better, but 4 months was a nightmare. Wheel chairs, walkers , arm canes, shower stool all in a closet!

I'm glad she enjoyed the trip!

So glad to hear of the positive progress. I know exactly what you speak of with the walking being mechanical....my wife says she talks to herself in her head.....right, left, right, left....and so on. Hope to meet you guys at a meet some day.

swapped the Edelbrock Performer intake for an Air-Gap intake, re-routed the heater hose to the top of the water pump, installed a 160 degree thermostat, gonna experiment to see if the car will cool any lower than 190 degrees. Starter is hanging up yet again, this'll be the 3rd starter in a year, not too happy with Bosch stuff

[img:left]13280575803_9a48125c96.jpg

_DSC0204 by Hoodicoff, on Flickr[/img] [img:right]13280417845_b091d77c93.jpg

_DSC0205 by Hoodicoff, on Flickr[/img]

Yesterday finally got to pull her out and go for just a few miles to stretch her legs -last decent drive was this past December 8th!! Oh my, talk about withdrawal...it was almost like "where you been"??!! Salt,gravel and ice salt,gravel and ice-repeat and simmer on low flame for four months-many of you get the idea- then just puttered around a bit cleaning checking etc-can't wait for driving season again -its been WAY too long!! Brian

pulled the distributor back out, moved it back one tooth, modified the throttle bracket to fit the new intake, built another bracket for the downshift cable, refilled the coolant and got all the air out of the system. Test drove and adjusted the timing, car breaks the rear tires on command just the way it should smile

Now with the 160 degree thermostat car seems to hold its temperature at around 175 ish when hot as opposed to the 190+ it would sit at before so all is good!

Drove the car for the 1st time in almost 6 months today.. It is sitting in a fellow FGMCC members garage (thanks Jake/shadowgreyss) After sitting for so long, she is upset at me. I need to do some work now:

1. Lube the e-brake cables, and do an inspection on brakes.

2. Replace or adjust the clutch safety switch.. inspection required.

3. pushed the brakes on and the turn signals came on, so looks like a ground issue.. Power probe hut.. :=)