GLASS INTERCHANGE

CKZ03

Pretty sure this has been discussed before but to lazy to search, sorry. Looking to replace my door & quarter glass, recently reinspected my originals and they are scratched up worse than I remembered them to be when I removed them 2 1/2 years ago. Sure didn't seem too bad back then hahaha... anyways I have deemed them unworthy of going back on my car & have begun my search for suitable replacements. I actually have two sets of glass but both sets have scratches cry. Im thinking new at this point unless someone has some REALLY NICE/PERFECT used glass they would sell me, tinted glass, A/C car. Pretty sure doors are the same as chevelle but not sure what other models interchange on the quarter glass?

Thanks for the link Robert, I'm shopping around right now. What I really would like to know is if there is any other A body cars that the quarter glass will work in a Monte. I think Chevelle will work but would like confirmation. My reasoning is the chevelle glass is more readily available & priced cheaper than the Monte glass, plus I can drive down the road & pick it up at NPD & save on shipping.

CK,

If you decide not to go with new glass, the only vehicle that shares the rear quarter glass is the Olds F85, Hardtop, Cutlass Supreme - 1970-1972. This is the one with the square roof, not the fastback.

P/Ns are:

8781144 Clear, RH

8781145 Clear, LH

8781146 Tinted, RH

8781147 Tinted, LH

NAGS# Q4417 RH - (National Auto Glass Specifications)

NAGS# Q4418 LH

Mitchell number 1783 "Quarter window"

JC

Thanks Joe, that's good info. The only difference I can see between the Monte qtr glass vs chevelle is the chevelle is a bit longer but still has correct shape. I'm sure the inner qtr clearances are the same between the two cars & don't really see why chevelle qtr glass wouldn't work besides having excess glass dangling out in the void. I appears to me that chevelle glass may work in a Monte but Monte won't work in chevelle. If only I had a used chevelle qtr glass to attempt to install & verify confused

Well, We all know the company's say these are the only exchanges but the hot rodders and backyard do it yourselfers have been proving them wrong for years. I say try it out and see if it will work.

We can't always go by the book.

JC

Cory try http://www.autocityclassic.com/ they list glass for 70-72 Monte's we used then on our 57 Nomad and our 70 El Camino.

Thanks for the link Robert. Ordered glass for entire car today for $599 from Auto City Classics. Decided to check out the "smoked" tint version of the glass. Was a little concerned about the quality of this glass but they told me they guarantee the fit & finish and can return if not completely satisfied, so had to give them a try. Cheapest glass I could find anywhere.

Good question, I didnt even ask, just assumed it would. Guess I better call them back & check into it shocked

Verified this morning that the windsheild does come with the integral antenna in it. smile

Windshield for $99 ain't bad, but theres a local guy that comes to your house and installs them 100% guarenteed for $200 including glass and kit to install it, and if he cracks it, its on him! grin

• 5 months later...

I was wondering if that glass worked out for you. Looking for confirmation that Chevelle quarter glass will fit a Monte.What year Chevelle glass did you order?

Originally Posted By: monte70car
Cory try http://www.autocityclassic.com/ they list glass for 70-72 Monte's we used then on our 57 Nomad and our 70 El Camino.

Thanks for the link Robert. Ordered glass for entire car today for $599 from Auto City Classics. Decided to check out the "smoked" tint version of the glass. Was a little concerned about the quality of this glass but they told me they guarantee the fit & finish and can return if not completely satisfied, so had to give them a try. Cheapest glass I could find anywhere.

Auto City Classics sold me all Monte glass for complete car $599 + shipping. Worked great for me. Honestly don't think the Chevelle quarter glass will work in a Monte.