Bend, Oregon

August 8-10, 2014

NOTE THE CHANGE OF DATE

All details on the site here:

http://www.fgmcc.com/album/14WMeet/14WMeet.shtml

Event

Event: Flashback Cruz

Event web site: http://www.centraloregonclassicchevyclub.com/flashback.html

This is a 3-day event with car shows, poker walk, raffle and lots of cruising. There's plenty of things to do in Bend and should be a great time.

Weekend Schedule

Thursday:

Members arrive in the afternoon/evening

Pizza party at the Hotel

Friday:

Cruise/Fun Run

Pick up registration at Drake Park

Saturday:

Car show in Drake Park

Vendors

Poker walk in downtown

Raffle and 50/50

Event trophies/prizes

Evening cruise in Downtown Bend

Sunday:

Cruise to Mt. Bachelor

FGMCC banquet dinner with awards and prizes

Event registration

Info to come!

Hotel info

Hotel: Sugarloaf Mt. Motel

Web site: www.sugarloafmtmotel.com

Phone: 541-330-5998

Email: reservations@sugarloafmtmotel.com

Rate: $69/night

Other info: Continental breakfast, outdoor pool, restaurants nearby.

We have held a block of rooms all facing the pool and area where our cars will be parked. They have agreed to block off a specific area for our club to park. There are 14 rooms on the first floor and 5 on the second floor for our group. There is a mixture of one queen and two queen rooms in the block. Please ensure you tell them you are with the First Generation Monte Carlo Club when booking.

If you have any questions regarding the meet, please don't hesitate to contact me.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay -- when the time rolls around, who do I talk to about securing a Vendor spot for the sauce biz? The club or the City?

The club handles all vendor spaces....the park is rented from the city for the event.....

Date: Aug 1-3, 2013

Web site: http://www.centraloregonclassicchevyclub.com/flashback.html

Other: 3-day event with car shows, poker walk, raffle and lots of cruising.

More info to come!

er, Aug 1-3, 2013? confused

Doug laugh

Originally Posted By: Canuck

More info to come!

Doug laugh

Oops. Fixed!

Originally Posted By: Canuck

More info to come!

Doug laugh

Picky....picky....picky! lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Western Meet page has been updated with the hotel info. This hotel is perfect for our meet. The block of rooms held are either on the ground floor (14 rooms) or the second floor (5 rooms) and they all face the area where we will park our cars. There is an outdoor pool with grass area right next to the club's parking area. There are restaurants and gas stations nearby also. The rate for the room is $69 which is also reasonable. Jay was a big help in determining the hotel for the meet. Thanks Jay!

I still can't believe it was 10 years ago that I was organizing the first Western Meet. Can't wait for Western Meet XI. smile

Checked out the hotel info and looks great Aaron. Fairly close proximity to the park also.

The pool being close by, maybe we can turn it into a Soak & Shine! kicking

Thanks Aaron & (honorable mention) to Jay in preparation for the 2014 WM. 2beers

Looking forward to seeing all at this event. grin

Doug

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The 2014 registration form is not available yet. I will post once it is available. We will be able to register individually. As for parkign as a group, we will roll in to the show as a group like we have done at past meets. smile

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that I signed up to actually be one of the main sponsors for the Flashback show this year & I just confirmed my sponsorship level to be a "Best Of" sponsor last week (spoke to a nice lady named Joan) for my little Hot Sauce business I run out here in Oregon.

As such, I'll have a product booth, placement on all the posters and t-shirts, get to hand out 2 "Best Of" Trophies to any cars that represent my business & personal interests.

That being said, unless a special monte shows up that I can't resist, I think it'll be unfair to give one of the awards to our club... I really don't want to be one of those people we encounter that only gives his buddies the awards.

However - I am also budgeting to create a special non-sanctioned award for club members only that will be separate from the show, and separate from the Club awards.

As far as the criteria, we (the wife and I) are keeping it secret... it could be anything from "Chick Magnet" to "Best Canadian Accent"

Ya'll won't know until you arrive :-)