1970 rockers

V8Freak

Hey guys, well after a few years my monte is finally getting painted, I've looked at lots of pictures and can't figure out if the rockers where the trim is is painted black lime my body guy thinks or if it's same colour as car which is what I think it should be, does anyone know how it is supposed to be?

Black but I dont think it is gloss black. I know someone posted pictures, I will try to find the pictures.

Rob

Is it a semi gloss or satin. Semi gloss has more shine than satin. When I repainted my 72 I went with the body color just my personal choice since nothing much on my car is totally stock.

Mine are semi-gloss black. The cars look much with the rockers painted black in my opinion. The idea was the make it so the car does not appear too tall. Make sure you (or the body shop) paint the part of the frame that is lower than the body as this is sometimes overlooked. My 71 has some red overspray on the frame and does not look very good. I will be addressing that soon. I painted the rockers on both my 70 and 72 myself. It's an inexpensive detail job that can improve the look of the car. Here's my 72 when I repainted the rockers.

0095.JPG

0116.JPG