Group buy for Morris 3 point belts

7tonemonte

Hey, Tony ... quick question: do the 3-point belts hang down from the sides of the headliner when not in use? If your Monte was parked with all the windows down, would the seat belts be visible from the outside? If so, it would be a different look than a stock first gen with both shoulder and lap belts hidden.

I understand the safety and convenience aspects of the 3-point belts when in use but don't they also slightly change the appearance of the car when not in use? Just curious ....

Yes Dennis they are visible, I'd compare them to the mid 80's Monte's with the way they look when not in use. There is a slight inconvenience getting in and out of the back seat, probably easily fixed with the addition of a hook on the side of the headrest like the newer ones also. The buckles are smaller than original also, but it's not an issue for me. My main concern was safety honestly, and the fact that I never wore the shoulder belt, this setup fits nicely, feels great, and is a very nice addition to my car. I'll try and post some pics for you to see Dennis

What they told me at Morris, was that if I drum up 10 people for a group purchase we would all get the discount, I didn't actually work out details as to where to send money, but I would hope it's just through the folks at Morris, if I need to collect the money for them and send them one lump sum I guess I could. I will call and speak to Billy or Robin on Monday and find out details if we are actually at the 10.

I would hope they would let each of us place our own order and take the discount off each one. Seeing as the one's with the different style buckles are different prices. They may hold all orders until they have the full 10?

Ok, I spoke to Robin today, everyone needs to either email her directly or call her on the phone, if you order through the website the discount will not go through as she needs to add it manually. Mention that you are part of the group buy for the First Generation Monte Carlo Club, and she will take care of it from there. She was starting a file for us. Anyone else feel free to jump in for the discount as well.

contact@morrisclassicconcepts.com is their email, phone # is 864-987-0032

Thanks to everyone for stepping up and ordering, I am honestly very happy with mine!