Group buy for Morris 3 point belts

7tonemonte

I got mine and have installed the front belts. The rear retractable are going to be a little more involved. Have to take out back seat and package tray to mount bracket for retractable belts. I cleaned out the trunk, removed rear speakers and will get rear seats out next. Not an easy task breaking it loose from the floor. The bottom that is.

Got mine yesterday. Wow, do they look nice! I also ordered their dual mirrors. They look sweet! Just hope they fit as nice as they look. He was looking for some feedback on the fit of our Montes. I figured I'll try them and let everyone know how they fit. Also found 2 nice t-shirts in my package.

Great people to talk to and deal with.

• 3 weeks later...

I was starting to install my seat belts and not sure if I got the wrong ones. These are for bucket seats but don't seem to fit even close. Just wondering if anybody else that got them for buckets could see if theirs look like mine or not.

Thanks!

2014-06-21163044_zps14ffadb6.jpg

2014-06-21163053_zpsa2e95392.jpg

2014-06-21163212_zps37201daa.jpg

2014-06-21163233_zpsccaebc5d.jpg

Those look exactly like the ones I installed in my 72 two years ago. They work great except the locking mechanism is very touchy. Pull on the belt to hard and they will lock up like they are supposed to in an accident. Slow and easy and they work great but get in the slightest hurry and they can get exasperating.

Can't you pull the belt out or the sleeve and turn it around? I think the belt is only switched to the plastic. Check it out and let us know.

I tried that. The plastic is cut on an angle and when you turn it around the release button is half blocked by the sleeve. I thought about using a heat gun to reform the plastic but figured I'll call them on Monday to see what they say first.

Mine do rub the console slightly but I had never noticed that before. I did not do the actual installation but had a trim shop install them when they re stretched my headliner that was all wrinkly.

Scott - here's pictures of what I have installed on both side as I installed differently to see which fit best - passenger side fits best at bolt but GM logo showing wrong way. Let me know what Morris say about this.

20140622_165019.jpg

20140622_164932.jpg

20140622_165044.jpg

20140622_165114.jpg

I talked to Billy today about this issue. This was the first he had heard about the fitment problem. He looked at this thread and especially Rick's pictures. He sent them to the manufacture and asked if that would be acceptable to them? They both agree there is a problem and are working to get this right ASAP.

He will be sending me a few to test fit and hopefully we will be able to come up with a proper belt. When we have an acceptable replacement, he will replace any that are defective free of charge. More info on that when the time comes. Thanks for everybody's input and patience.

Mine fit a little funny too, but don't look anywhere near as bad as Ricks. I just chalked it up to more aftermarket parts that don't fit correctly, can't see anything once the seat is pushed back anyhow. Didn't bother me much due to how much safer and convenient they are.They do rub on the console some but once in place they sit at a perfect angle for me to buckle in & out of. I modified the cap/plug a little to get it to fit into the hole to cover the bolt head due to once tightened the bolt head is no longer centered in the opening. If they come up with a better design I would certainly give them a try too though, but overall I can't really complain, pretty happy with them. It almost looks like Rick has 2 lefts or 2 rights? Something isn't right there.

Could someone post a picture of how their belts look, where attached to the roof? Here is a picture of how mine look and I think they have improved them since 2010.

Bruce

2010 top mount pic