Front end too high

Help, help!!

What is the best way to lower my front end of my 70 Monte? I replaced the shocks, air in the back all the way up. I hate the lift I have in the front. I want a nice slight raise in the back. Any ideas? Went to the Good Guys show yesterday in Kissimmee and spoke with the Ride-Tec guys, and their products will cost about 1500 to do it:-(

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated:-)

Thanks guys!

When I rebuilt my frontend suspension, I cut 3/4's of a coil ring off of the coil springs. It lowered the frontend 5/8" measuring at the bottom of the front bumper.These are sb springs........I'm happy with it, doesn't seem to have affected the ride.

Randys1971Chevelle056_zps2086a23f.jpg

Here's a photo with my buddy and his convertible but you can sorta see the change in height on the Monte. Front & rear wheel well openings are right at the top of each tire......

Boy I am surprised no one suggested this. Leave the springs in and yard out the 350 and drop a 454 in it. That will lower the front end for sure without cutting coils and you will be pleased with the ride you get both suspension and engine size... hahaha.

Darren.

I didn't want to cut my coils, because it will take away from the ride and handling. I put drop spindles on my monte, left the stock springs and upgraded sway bars with umi peformance 1" solid sway bar(s) and the ride and handing is absolutely perfect.

I bought 2" drop spindle kit. Comes with spindles,backing plates, and caliper mounting braclets for $230.00 from seller rodtique. Very pleased with the complete set + everything fit exact.

Boy I am surprised no one suggested this. Leave the springs in and yard out the 350 and drop a 454 in it. That will lower the front end for sure without cutting coils and you will be pleased with the ride you get both suspension and engine size... hahaha.

Darren.

HAhaha, that's what I did with my 72 Elkie. I swapped out the 350 for a 402 but the results are similar. Perfect front height.

New stock style springs are shorter than the originals but they are also stiffer. With my Monte I went with QA1 coil overs with dual 18 position adjustable shocks and 450 lb/in springs. Adjust as you like but they are/were pricey. I also have the 350 lb/in but there is not much room for adjustments. Those are more for drag racing. - Dave

Oh how I would love to drop a big block it that! That was funny:) Thank you everyone for the info!!!

I'm thinking the drop spindle kit sounds like the way to go! Thank you so very much guys:-) Do I need to be a club member to post pics?? I don't see where I can if I don't pay the dues,,,which is no biggie just curious:-)

Thanks a bunch!!

You don't need to be a due's paying member to post pictures. You just need to use a photo storing site like Photobucket or any other then copy the link in the Enter an image button at the top of the text box.

• 2 weeks later...