stance modification - wheele/tire/spring ideas

G71

hello all

i know this type of question has been addressed many times before and can be found somewhere on the forums but as individual taste varies widely a need a basic idea and starting point for my "particular" objective

vehicle....

stock 71 350ci with AC

objective....

to slightly raise the vehicle evenly all the way around for a "beefier but modest raised stance" using either 4 original 15X7 "FW" rally rims OR 4 original 15x8 corvette "AZ" rallys.

with the same size tires all around

i wish to avoid cutting or trimming the wheel wells or using air bags or air shocks.

what type of spring/brand would be best suited for this and what size tire on which rim do you think would give the best look.

thanks in advance for the advice

Can't help you with springs, but my car looks pretty darn good with 255/60R15 Cooper Cobras on it.

Sits a bit higher in the front than the rear, but that'll (possibly) be corrected when I put the 400 in...

As for size, if you want the same all the way around and no trimming, I think 255/60R15 is about as big as you can go.

• 9 months later...

Mitch that is the look I am after! I am installing el Camino springs on the back today - what springs do you have on the front? I was thinking about big block springs.

As far as I know, it's all stock... The guy I bought it from didn't know a whole lot about what had been done to the car, so I was unable to get much info. I'm assuming it's original because the passenger side sits an inch or two higher than the drivers side, probably from the torque collapsing that spring over the last 40 or so years.