Cragar Soft 8 Fitment

Hi,

I really like the look of these black Cragar Soft 8 on our Monte.

Does anyone know if 15x10 in the rear fit without cutting wheel wells ?

The famous Tokyo Drift Monte seems to be 15x8 in front and 15x10 in the rear, but I'am not sure http://www.firstgenerationmontecarlo.com...9137&page=1

Any recommendation would be appreciated smile

In fact I really like the way it looks on Bram's car.

I am not sure if it's a 8" or 10" rims in the rear.... Any idea ?

1972montecarlorw.jpg

Just guessing, as it's very hard to tell without the car in front of you to measure, but as it doesn't appear to have too much done to the lip of the fender, 15x8 is my guess.

Unless you plan on putting something excessively wide, 15x8 is all you'll really need. Can put bigger than 275/60 R15s on them safely, but I don't have the information in front of me to be 100% sure on the max size an 8 inch wide wheel will take..

Just guessing, as it's very hard to tell without the car in front of you to measure, but as it doesn't appear to have too much done to the lip of the fender, 15x8 is my guess.

Unless you plan on putting something excessively wide, 15x8 is all you'll really need. Can put bigger than 275/60 R15s on them safely, but I don't have the information in front of me to be 100% sure on the max size an 8 inch wide wheel will take..

Thanks you Mitchell, you're right, it's 15x8.

I just ordered 4 15X8 Soft 8, can't wait !!!

Not a problem. Take care in the front, go too wide and the tire will rub when you steer. I'm running 255/60R15 on all four corners at the moment, but going to 275's out back when I get the powertrain back together.

Make sure to do your homework on the 295's. I know there has been a dump load of threads on here about max tire size and from what I remember reading, most say it can't be done without rolling the fender.

Hopefully, someone else will jump in here with either the answer or a link to the numerous threads on this topic.

Mike

Not entirely sure, as I haven't tried, but with how mine sits I'll probably have to roll them to get 275s on, let alone 295s. Or just fix my suspension... Eh, maybe later.

Make sure to do your homework on the 295's. I know there has been a dump load of threads on here about max tire size and from what I remember reading, most say it can't be done without rolling the fender.

Hopefully, someone else will jump in here with either the answer or a link to the numerous threads on this topic.

Mike

Thank you Mike, I hope it will fit without rolling the fender ! Anyway, I ordered 4 15x8 rims. If 295's doesn't fit, I will downsize a bit.

When you have them balanced make sure you have them put the weights on the inside only...not like the picture... wink

1972montecarlorw.jpg

When you have them balanced make sure you have them put the weights on the inside only...not like the picture... wink

Yes, weights on the outside is weird...

Weight on the outside is normally what we do to get the best balance, but the other option is putting a tape weight in the barrel of the wheel. Never notice it, and it doesnt damage the finish.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just received my rims.

I need a little help with tire combinaison.

I want to put 295x50 in the back, but I'm not sure it will fit because of the 4" backspace. What's your recommendation ? I'm ok to grind the wheel well if needed.

Romain,

I know someone in the club runs 295x50-15 tires on the rear so hopefully they will chime in. I am almost positive that it takes at least a 5" backspace. With only a 4" bs you may need a big hammer in addition to a saw or grinder for your rear fender wells. frown

According to another member, here is the clearance with 275/60/15 and 4" backspace fender clearance:

2012-02-26_16-26-31_79.jpg

I guess 295x50 will fit perfect !

According to another member, here is the clearance with 275/60/15 and 4" backspace fender clearance:

2012-02-26_16-26-31_79.jpg

I guess 295x50 will fit perfect !

I would not rely on the photo...doesn't look like the tire is even mounted on a rim...I could be wrong but on my computer it looks that way.

Okay, I can definitely see a rim on in the other picture. I wonder if he has the exact amount of space on the other side...is your rear perfectly centered?

is your rear perfectly centered?

I have no idea, I think I should check before doing anything.

Everything is bone stock on my Monte... thanks for the advice

• 1 month later...

Just a little update

295 in the back and 255 in the front.

I had to cut rear fender lip about 1 inch each side. It still rubs a little on hard corners.

DSC_8217.jpg

DSC_8219.jpg

• Like 1