72 pro-street

monte70car

Last then a month month ago we started out with a stock 72 Monte frame build012_zpscc4a789f.jpg and currently have a back half 72 Monte frame 003_zps74824bf6.jpg So far we have only had to change on item we were hopping to keep in the stock location which was the gas tank. The exhaust hopefully we can run in the stock location and exit at rear bumper.

Man this project is moving right along Rob. Are you going to go with a fully functional cowl hood or do you need more room for a super charger, blower?

Looks good. Can't wait to see it back together. Couldn't you sneak the exhaust just inside the ladder bars and run it under the axle?

Mike we haven't got the panard bar yet the one they call for the company don't have it listed and I've been busy with work to call or send an email on the bar. Right now the rear needs to go to the drivers side about a 1/4"

• 1 month later...

Looking good. This car was truly saved, had I not bought it when I did, then when I give up on it, this thing would have ended up on a stock car track or worse if you hadn't of gotten it.

It was the Rustiest non-vinyl top car I've ever seen thanks to someone's clever goooooooo treatment around the rear window!

• 2 weeks later...

Well we have been moving right along both wheel tubs in, trunk hinge supports welded back in place and have finished up the trunk work. 10462993_795214557180186_423291536090341 The rear window had a new channel made for it just need to add the studs for the clips. Rear tail panel is all welded in place and body work has started on it. Fuel line and an fittings will be in today along with new brake lines.

• 3 weeks later...

Still making head way got the lead pipe bolted to the headers and a pair of Magnafllow mufflers in place 10501643_805554736146168_356069739871664 The exhaust will follow the frame up and over the rear end. The tail pipe I have two option either run it under the frame or push it out to the outside like stock 10513342_806329672735341_311851672448708 of course there will be chrome SS tips on the end of the tail pipes.

• 2 weeks later...

Robert, it's all looking good. My only novice advice, and I'm only speaking from experience, make sure you have everything done on the chassis before you put that body back on. I mean everything, all parts cleaned, prepped, and painted, working properly, etc.

I'm sure you and your dad are having some fun building her and I wish you all the best. - Dave

Dave its due to go back under the body either this week or next weekend to verify that everything is in the right spot. I got a few areas on the frame that needs to be paint as it was never painted to start with. Working on getting the funds together for the Wilwood rear disc going to keep the stock disc up front.

• 5 weeks later...

Got the Lizard Skin applied last week lizardskin_zpsacc4d670.jpg Firewall smooth not heat here or A/C 99f5c3c2-782d-49de-a8e0-1f4e0a87b770_zps Left over carpet we believe to be from our Nomad 72002_zpsa0b8fbcd.jpg Chrome timing chain cover and a nice air gap style dual plane72005_zpsba9ba3ba.jpg Stainless braid plug wires not sure if the wire holders will stay as, nice dual point dist(been thinking of a ign box) 72007_zps6eb8114a.jpg

does your back seat fit in???...Looks like a good job hiding that cross member behind the drivers seat that poked through

• 2 weeks later...