Console placement

cbolt

I just removed the carpet and padding from my interior and am getting ready to install the console. Does anyone have some knowledge concerning placement? I noticed some dimples on the tunnel between the seats and was wondering if they were a guide, dimples marking mount points, or just random dimples? For those of you that switched from column shift to console, how did you place the console for proper cable hook up, fit, etc? Thanks in advance.

Jim

I have the bracket, the question is where to mount it? I was gonna probably drill holes but now I guess Ill be welding..

• Like 1

I have a pic of my car in the General Forum showing the floor pan. It's on the last page of the "What did you do to your car today?" thread. It shows the factory placement of the console. Set the console in place and mark the holes in the front and center. Then you can see where the rear bracket goes. I can get a measurement, if you need it. Hopefully the dimples will be helpful.

Dan