the monte weighs in at?

montique

I got the Monte scaled it weighs 3302 without me in it.

907 on front left

853 on front right.

751 rear left

791 rear right

53% front

46% rear.

That's with fiberglass hood, front fenders, and front bumper. I just ordered some aerospace front disc so that should another 75+ pounds are so. I think I can get it down to around 31500 with rear discs, and rack and pinion front. What you guys think.

Well I figure I still have the big starter, original radiator and stock drive shaft. Light weight battery saves a ton of weight as well. I was pretty impressed by the numbers. Now I can order my front springs next month.

Mine is just over 3200 without me in it and half tank of gas. Shaved firewall, fiberglass fenders and hood, and some other less significant weight saving measures.

• 6 months later...

My Monte 350/350 with the AC removed weighed 3,740 w/ no driver and ran a 15.5 in the 1/4 bone stock + HEI upgrade, 4,100b race weight.... factory gears.

I'm now thinking about pulling the LS1 out of my stalled rock crawler project, put it in my Monte along with a fiberglass hood (stock is bent at hinges), fenders, cage and go racing.  I just got done reading a GMHTP magazine article on PRC heads and a magic stick cam on a stock LS1 like mine.

Mine is just over 3200 without me in it and half tank of gas. Shaved firewall, fiberglass fenders and hood, and some other less significant weight saving measures.

Very Nice Monte!

I'm in love

Are those 295/50/15's out back on 15x10 4.5" bs? and 255's up front.  

Thanks.

Mine was 3775 without me in it and a half tank gas. ZZ454 crate motor/ T400 trans with all metal and full trimed 15x8  ralleys on it, plus ford 9" too

Hoping to get it down to 3400 range after my LS1 swap plus with all the suspention upgrades I've done and aluminum wheels...maybe lower if lighter hood

• 7 months later...

These are some promising numbers. I'm looking at a goal of 3200 lbs or less when I'm done. There is so much rust repair to do I'm just going with fiberglass replacements where I can (even doors). Trunk lid and rear bumper are probably the only ones that will remain steel. After seeing some of these other Montes weighs it should be doable.