Super Chevy-Maple Grove PA 7/11-13 - Anyone?

Just seeing if anyone has plans of attending. We have a convoy of six trailers leaving Friday morning at 5 AM. Not all Montes though.

Steve…..71 SS454 …………. Show \

Dan..…..70 SS454 ….…..…. Show | " FGMCC in the house !! "

CK……...70 SS454 ………….. Show /

Richie...57 Chevy Post……. Show (Likely one of the top tri-5's in attendance)

Mitch…..68 Camaro ……….. Drag (runs in the low 9's naturally aspirated)

Scott…..69 Camaro ……….. Drag (runs mid 10's on pump gas)

Hope we have a bunch from FGMCC planning on attending!!

Surely enough close-by …..

See you there.

Dan

I'll be there on Saturday with the kids, I spoke to CK a bit about Saturday night and will throw it out there. If anyone wants to come back to my house Saturday night after they get back from the show, we would love to have you. Alli will handle dinner, I would just need a head count by mid week. It didn't work out for Steve and some others last time due to them racing, it went way too late, but CK and Jim, jack and Judy came over with some of the kids.

Anyone wants to come over and hang out let me know, my house is about 15-20 min from the hotel you stay at.

Great news! FGMCC received an award for highest club participation. We had 7 FGMCCers in the show and 4 in bowtie alley (never put fgmcc down on card). So we really won! Big Thanks to Jay for working his magic and getting us parked along the fence. That allowed us to have a triple canopy for shade which is usually banned on show field. Wire tied canopies to fence with no issues and was able to see cars coming/going on the road behind us. Primo spot!

Tony & Allie were kind enough to open there home to about 20 of us for a BBQ on Saturday. Great food, great, fun and great people. Mike Boyt kept his famous homemade lemonade/vodka drinks coming and all were happy. We agreed to leave the participation award for Tony. He deserved it and was the only board member present. Plus, he has a basement of automobilia second to none where it will be proudly hung.

Was a great show and FGMCC represented with force once again.

Mike - BEST Monte

Jay - 2nd in show class Monte

Steve - 1st in modified

Dan - 2nd in modified

Scotts (69 Camaro). Restored by Steve and also a non-Monte member of FGMCC (Cali Z28) won Top 10 drag car on the racing side.

All in all a great weekend and the "Levanti Custom" cars (3) gave Steve the recognition he deserves.

Despite an hour delay on the Cross Bronx which we avoided by cutting through the tunnel, through Manhattan and over the 59st bridge (with 4 trailers in tow …. LOL!!) it was smooth sailing home. Got a few good shots of "Montes in Manhattan" as we cut through. Even with the adventure, everyone made it home safe and are looking forward to the next gathering.

Dan

Dan sent me a few cool pics of Montes in tow! Nice!!

Glad to have you all here, it's such a great bunch of people who are always welcome in our house here! We can make that an annual occur acne just like The Super Chevy show!

It's hard to imagine that if I never stumbled across my Monte in a field of junk that I wouldn't know any of you! Alli and I truly cherish the friends we have made here through our cars, it's a group of people like no other.

We have just returned home. Wow what a great trip. We had a wonderful weekend, Hanging out with Jay and Jenny was fantastic. And what can you say when you have the honor of hanging with the Sopranos(priceless). I am thankful Steve had Dan to help keep him focused, Dan's car.. Well words cannot do it justice, This car is amazing. But what else would you expect? And to be unrestored CK's car is all that(WOW)! Then You have Tony and his wife Alli.. What a FANTASTIC time we had when they opened up their home to all of us. Alli is an amazing gourmet chef. And Tony is just such a wonderful person I will vote for MAPLE GROVE and all of the great people associated with this event for a future EASTERN MEET!!! Again thanks to everyone for accepting us into your families

I am thankful Steve had Dan to help keep him focused, Dan's car.. Well words cannot do it justice, This car is amazing. But what else would you expect?

LOL. The "Coupe Nazi" made sure to stay on me pointing out every fingerprint.

He kept such a close eye on my car that when he packed up his car cover he actually put it in my trunk!! Too funny.

Great to meet you and your family Mike. It really gave everyone a long time to get to know one another personally. Always a good thing.

I think everyone owes you a bit of gratitude for the use of your golf cart. It prevented many a sore back I am sure. You are an honorary member of the Sopranos. Your black Monte can be part of our crew anytime. However, if you keep taking best Monte my cousin Vinny may pay you a visit to take you on a fishin' trip with a custom fit pair of cement shoes. Yu know wudd I'm sayin'. rofl

Just have to find myself a clean fan tunnel and tidy up a few things to be 100%. I am glad Steve took first regardless.

It is his efforts and friendship that has kept many of us "not so talented" guys on Long Island looking/running our best.

Granted, I was there every step of the way doing my fair share of the grunt work, but it was his efforts that made my car what it is today.

A big thanks to Steve. As he repeatedly says during my learning curve "Patience Grasshopper" LOL

Dan

Nicely put Mr Squatch!

Originally Posted By: Michael Boyte
I am thankful Steve had Dan to help keep him focused, Dan's car.. Well words cannot do it justice, This car is amazing. But what else would you expect?

LOL. The "Coupe Nazi" made sure to stay on me pointing out every fingerprint.

He kept such a close eye on my car that when he packed up his car cover he actually put it in my trunk!! Too funny.

Great to meet you and your family Mike. It really gave everyone a long time to get to know one another personally. Always a good thing.

I think everyone owes you a bit of gratitude for the use of your golf cart. It prevented many a sore back I am sure.

Just have to find myself a clean fan tunnel and tidy up a few things to be 100%. I am glad Steve took first regardless.

It is his efforts and friendship that has kept many of us "not so talented" guys on Long Island looking/running our best.

Granted, I was there every step of the way doing my fair share of the grunt work, but it was his efforts that made my car what it is today.

A big thanks to Steve. As he says during my learning curve "Patience Grasshopper" LOL

Dan

outstanding weekend it was great to see all the Long Islander's, Mike, Ann,Tony and Alli. The FGMCC did real well everyone had a good time.

A special thanks to Alli for all the great food and to Tony and Alli for the get together at their home. The FGMCC people are the best.

Jay and Jenny

Just catching up guys, pc has been down for 2 wks.

I was there on Sat with the truck in bowtie Blvd,I did get to catch up with a few of you,I was coming back on Sunday with the Monte and sit around and chat with all but had car trouble 1/2 way there and turn around and took it home.It developed a loose noise in the front end but couldn't see where it was coming from. I was afraid to go any further without knowing . When I got it home and jacked up i found that a bolt and rubber bushing had came loose and fell out on the right upper control arm, they were recently all put new and even lock tighted them.This time we used the red lock tight instead of the blue.I was looking forwards to being there Sunday and spend some time with the members and admiring all those great Montes that were there. They all were very nicely done.

Terry

Sorry you couldn't make it back Sunday ….always something right?

1- Left for Carlisle and my house alarm was acting up on my wife.

2- Left for Super Chevy and my wifes Buick Enclave spit up a water pump and my wife had a bout of Vertigo.

…….. always happens when your somewhere! Nothing happens when your home. LOL. Hope to see all next year for Eastern Meet in Carlisle. We are also looking into different shows to attend possibly up state for future attendance. We want to mix it up a bit.

Dan

I agree Dan,I hope you have everything back under control also hope the wife is ok .

I'm looking for GM Carlisle next yr already,I missed that one with the car,(had them both regestered too) and Super Chevy too. This whole yr has been terrible for me,with the new engine breaking,lightning strikes, health and on and on,well it always could be worse I guess crazy.

Terry

How about NMCA show NORWALK Summit motor sports park next month? 8/22-24

At 9.5 hrs without stops I am not sure that is something I am prepared to do without an enclosed trailer. If weather turns sour thats a whole lotta mess that will need to be cleaned up. I'll put the word out.

Dan

Well, of course no one took any pics at my house, too busy enjoying the company and food!

We did get one pic after the crew left, they left these two things behind!

5f5da7e9-82b9-4c7b-8dff-9e2596e4ded6_zps

Sorry I know the pic rule, but this is almost proof of the 20 or so people that were here at our house!

Love having everyone, it can become a yearly event following Super Chevy!

Who is that guy thats sneaking around behind that Vodka bottle ?? lol

Very nice award get ready for more in the future.Nice place to call home.Maybe you need to have a special room for them rofl

Wish I could make it but this old body is shot by evenings

Terry