a few other issues

jacob

Thank you that really means allot coming from guys that I look up to smile one question every thing except the turn signals and dash lights work but only when the headlights are on. most likely a ground the circuit board is brand new and is for the idiot lights so are the bulbs and the hazard light flashers and turn signal flasher and the brake switch.

To light up the dash lights, you need the H/L switch pulled out at least to the first (parking lights on) click, so I don't understand your statement above. "everything except the turn signals and dash lights work but only when the headlights are on."

You state that the Headlights need to be on before the T/S will work. Does this mean

-any of the T/S bulbs or

-just the ones in the dash or

-just rear or

-just front or

-they light up but don't flash?

There is a special ground wire or maybe two for the dash. One attaches to the parking brake area, the other to the H/L switch.

Here is a link to a picture showing the ground on my 71 for the H/S switch.

H/L Sw grounf

Here is a link to a picture showing where another ground wire attaches to the parking brake assembly:

dash ground spot pic

dash lights are now faintly working I turned that headlight switch stem but only a few are working and there all new so got to check that out. what I meant is nothing works when the headlights are off no brake lights or turn signals. so really the turn signals and brake lights not working with out the headlights on are the last big problems sorry for any confusion. im going to check those grounds and see what changes.

Quick tip...after you clean your light sockets apply some dielectric grease to the base of the bulb. That will help prevent any corrosion from coming back. I use that stuff on any connector I take apart. Especially in the newer car world.

got it solved! I cleaned all the grounds replaced a few more fuses and got new flash canisters tried it and the turn signals and brake lights are working great! the last thing to do is hook up the gas gauge but im not sure which wires go where so if any one has a picture of how that goes I would really appreciate it. And thank you all for the tons of help and advice I couldn't have done it with out you guys. smile

The last thing I need to do is hook up the gas gauge but im not sure which wires go where there looks to be two black wires and two blue wires ones a dark blue the others a light blue so if any one has a picture of how that goes I would really appreciate it smile. or I could always use that as an excuse to go mess with that green machine in my grand dads garage devil.

yeah mine is also tan in the trunk... I was talking about the fuel gauge and forgot to mention it in that last post crazy theres 3 studs on the back of the fuel gauge I just need to see which wires go to which stud.

Jacob,

The PCB supplies the connections to the fuel gauge. Once the PCB connector is connected to the cluster there shouldn't be any wire connections to worry about. As for the 3 contacts on the gauge it has 3 wires one pink one tan and one black. The tan wire connects to the pin on the driver’s side of the gauge, the black wire connects to the one in the middle and the pink wire goes the pin on the passenger side. All of this is accomplished through the PCB. The pink wire supplies the power from the "gauges" fuse in the fuse box to the PCB circuit 39. The tan wire is included in the rear body and tail light harnesses circuit 30. The ground is a common ground connection circuit 150.

Where are you getting these blue and black wires you’re trying to connect?

Thanks I took a good look at every thing those wires are to the windshield wiper switch they had been cut. Thank you for the help ill get that hooked up and that's it for electrical.