What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

personally, I like the 8's

I am liking the 8's as well, might put the Derby caps on it though and save the disk brake caps for the 7's and put them on the other 4spd as it has plain jane steel wheels on it. Derby's just keep it looking oem somewhat more so. 

Sam your car is coming along nicely....very nice actually....

Darren.

"Sam on the trim on the lower part of the door panel did you have to install it?" 

"No, that's original on a 1970."

And that's another reason the '70 is the king.

Dan

I thought he had replaced the trim panels was the reason I asked if he installed the moldings. I ordered new Panels for my 72 from Legendary and I have to remove the moldings form mine and install them on the new panels.

Woo hoo.....my new lower moldings showed up today. I can't believe how much I have spent on this car. Some day my car may be as nice as some of your guys cars, I am not worthy yet!

• Like 1

Woo hoo.....my new lower moldings showed up today. I can't believe how much I have spent on this car. Some day my car may be as nice as some of your guys cars, I am not worthy yet!

IMO your car looks great Glen, that new trim should send it over the top!!

IMO your car looks great Glen, that new trim should send it over the top!!

Maybe in a couple years I can hold my head up high....someday I hope to go to a meet on the east or west coast.

Your car looks great! Photos hide a lot of flaws on our cars too. :) You have a first gen, that makes you worthy of the club.

I do appreciate it guys. When I look at some of the cars here I can't help but feel envious of the treasures you guys have. Especially the SS guys...the pride you guys must have! Priceless IMO...never let them go. One day I will attend a meeting but that is for a later date...when I feel I won't be embarrassed. It's a work in progress and slowly but surely the puzzle starts to come together.

Don't let how you feel about your car stop you from attending a meet. Lots of guys bring cars that are not restored or in progress to the meets. I've seen cars with primer, cars with rust, cars with torn interior at the meets and they are every bit as welcome at the meets as cars that are restored. The meets are not about the cars, they are about the great people in this club. The cars just brought us together. :)

Your car looks great, nothing to be embarrassed about. I have seen lots of cars that look good in one area, terrible in another, and at shows with people making positive comments. Heck my car got an award for best interior with a hole in the headliner! Oh by the way, the hole is still there today, and several other flaws (The patch panels jump right out at ya) but it still shows very well and I get lots of comments. I hope to see your car in person one day because I am pretty sure you are harder on it that the rest of us will be.... that's how I am as well.

once you attend a meet, the cars really don't matter!

I know it's hard to believe, but ask anyone who has attended a meet!

you meet these people for the first time, and it's like seeing old friends you haven't seen in years, almost like you've known each other all your life

come to a meet without your monte, and I'm willing to bet someone will invite to to ride with them to the show, that's how it's been to every meet I've been too

I'm with Sam on that. Last year was the first time I had met Capri and Greg. I took Greg to a cruise in north of Somerset KY and by the time we got back to the motel we had already made plans for most of the day that was left much to Capri's chagrin. :yay: It involved a couple of cases of water we took back to the motel.

I am very interested in attending a meet at some point as well. All I here is tons of positive things about the people and activities and enjoyable beverage consumption. Hope to get the custom out to one someday!

this year's meet would be ideal!!!! :rofl:

Finished stripping the passenger bucket seat to the bare springs. They sure did use a whole kittenkaboodle of hog rings. Hog rings on the burlap, hog rings on the foam and then the seat coverings. I do not think I am ready to start on the drivers seat as of yet in case I need to take it somewhere or just move it around in the garage. The kit for all of the plastic rollers and guides for the quarter windows is supposed to be here today. My hand is tired of trying to cut those danged hog rings so come on mailman.